TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just ordered a set of oxygen sensors from dan newman. well after gettin them, i look at them and the tabs arent' the same as on mine, i think i may have gotten the down stream ones, instead of the upstream ones, is this gonna be a problem to put them in up stream, if they were meant to be downstream? this is for my 97 f150 by the way. thanks

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
Info from a conversation I had with someone who issues sensors to the Ford test vehicles: he states all the oxygen sensors are the same in what they measure, and that the only difference is the connector.

Look at it this way: go to AutoZone, etc. They will list a Bosch oxygen sensor, and that 4 are required, all four being the same. The Bosch sensors are not tabbed, thus, they are universal. You can use it in any one of the 4 locations, despite Ford listing two distinctly different part numbers fot the upstream and downstream sensors.

Should you choose to use the ones sent to you, the tabs must be trimmed. However, I cannot say for certain the wire length is correct.

This thread has a photograph of the OEM sensors, and the wire lengths do look different....

If it were me, I'd ask to exchange them for the correct ones.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts