TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tryed this intake yet, and is it a direct bolt in or would you need to update the heads to PI!

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,116 Posts
You are going to need a new hood for the P-51. I have heard that fox-lake is making the P-51 for both NPI/SVO and PI heads. If they are not, you *should* be able to swap this on as though it was a PI intake.

·
Registered
112 Posts
GreenBird said:
IMO, it would be a waste of money unless you have ported heads.
and bigger cams, and a serious stall on your converter, and gears . . .

You're gonna lose alot of low-end torque (which is not really a good thing in a street car that weighs so damn much), so you're gonna have to be up in the high-rev range to be taking advantage of the intake's design.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I am planning on doing 4.10's, 3200-3500 stall TC by dirtyd0g, stage 2 ported fox lake heads, comp cams, and an sct tune.
Worth throwing in the P51?
What #'s should I probably see?

Also, should I just stick with comp cams 262Ahs or should I get custom grinds?
If so, what are some good #'s I should get?

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
How much are SVO/Bullit Intakes?
Where to find?

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
Well if you want a P-51 I have a brand new never installed one I'll make you a deal on. I got this thing through some horse trading I did, don't have anything to use it on, just got it for resale.

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
Here's an NPI gaket overlayed on the PI P-51. Just a hint of the black part sticks out in the port floor, not much at all. The blue silicone bead is still on the flat portion so the gasket should seal without issue. As you can see in most all areas, the intake as delivered is smaller than the gasket.

·
Registered
26 Posts
kdanner said:
Well if you want a P-51 I have a brand new never installed one I'll make you a deal on. I got this thing through some horse trading I did, don't have anything to use it on, just got it for resale.
Pssst... how bout sending me a price for the P-51? I heard if might make my car fly :D :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts