TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone runs a p.i f-150 intake? I have a cowl hood so I think it would fit under the hood the reason why I was wondering because they are alumium.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 4in cowl but not sure if thats good or not. I was thinking about bolting one of these on my new p.i motor

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
The truck PI intake is not much of an improvement over the npi truck intake. Their runners are even longer, to make better low end torque (towing/hauling) which in a car wouldn't do much good.

a car intake with a alum X-over is actually better, because the plastic doesn't absorb heat from the engine, keeping the air cooler. The alum. crossover is also good, I've never heard of a problem.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
this would be a good intake for boost or nitrous though.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'am just worried about the plastic intakes and NO2.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
dont spray under 3500 rpms and you wont go boom, yes the buillit intake would be the best choice but they are extreamly pricey, so i guess this guys just trying to look for a cheap AL alternative intake

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You got it Joey.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
The truck intakes suck! your runners are waaaay long, so that the thing will make torque down low... problem is , the length works against the HP , due to pulse length of the charge, & harmonics... optimum length is 8-10 inches, or there abouts. the P-51 is a better choice, or the frpp piece for for PI engines...As for height I suspect that its almost as tall as my 5.4 manifold, so plan on cutting a hole or two in that 4" cowl, and glueing a xtra small cowl on top of it like I did...good luck

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks alot guys!!! I love this forum!!! This just saved me some cash!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts