TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I "helped" the father in law out by suggesting that he needs to clean his MAF. As soon as he did the cel came on and stayed on for a couple weeks. I'm out here now and scanned the DTC's (Light was currently off) my xcal scanned a p0113 code for iat high limits. How could this come from cleaning the MAF? And would the light going out after a couple weeks mean it's working ok now? I cleared the code a few minutes ago so we'll see if it comes back when he drives it again.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I think the IAT is set up like our cars on the tube somewhere. Maybe when you cleaned the maf the wires and plug for the IAT got pinched. If you used a spray can maf cleaner too and just sprayed it through the intake it could have got on the iat sensor and made it read wrong.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok after doing some digging on the net I determined that the IAT sensor almost never goes bad so I asked the father in law if he had happened to have started the car with the MAF/IAT unplugged (sensor is set up just like the 03 mustang Maf with both in the same sensor) and lo and behold he had, so now that I cleared the DTC he should be fine. Thanks for the help guys, situation averted I guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts