TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep getting this code but only when I have my car set on an 87 octane fuel while using the A/C. I've checked all my vac lines for leaks and nothing seems to be cracked, dry or leaky in general. Leads me to believe the gas cap is the culprit. Is there anything else I should check out before I go buy a new gas cap?

·
5,650 Posts
These cars don't have the equipment to monitor the gas cap's ability to seal, so the code can't be because of the gas cap. Have you checked the vacuum lines that are by the EVAP canister? They aren't accessible in the engine bay. Typically they are accessed by removing the splash shield of the passenger fender. The EVAP components are behind the bumper, and the P1443 code is typically set by either a vacuum leak from those lines or from the EVAP purge flow sensor and/or solenoid going bad.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
fixed my check engine light today! its been driving me nuts! piece of cake (as far as cars go) got ahold of some extra hoses laying around and amazingly they were the right size. all the old hoses down there were dry-rotted out to the point were they would disintegrate in your hand.

best way to get in there is to take off your passenger side wheel, jack it up, and take that fender-well guard out, or take out a few screws and bend it back.

this was alot easier than changing my oil filter out! that thing just never wants to come off!

cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts