TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading all your posts on what to do for these lean codes
In the process I'm looking for the PCV valve. It doesn't seem to be on the left bank valve cover with the hose, or the plastic box in front of the intake. Where is it on the '96 4.6? By the way...I haven't found any vacuum leaks yet... and am looking for anything I can do before the parts replacements have to start.
Thanks for all your posts guys!

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,916 Posts
Check all the rubber connecting hoses pertaining to the PCV system. I've noticed deterioration of those hoses before. According to the instructions from the 1996 Service Manual, the PCV valve is on the RH valve cover:

4.6L (2V) Engine

Removal and Installation

Remove air cleaner outlet tube (9B659) as outlined in Section 03-12.

Disconnectcrankcase vent connector and hose (6C324) from positive crankcase ventilation valve.

Remove positive crankcase ventilation valve from crankcase ventilation grommet in RH valve cover (6582).

Inspect positive crankcase ventilation valve and crankcase ventilation grommet for deterioration. Replace if necessary.

To install, reverse Removal procedure.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for taking the time to reply Iron Chopz
Mine has a different setup than the diagram, but the problem seems solved for now.
I replaced the vacuum hoses in back of the intake manifold. Not sure they had much of a leak but were a bit cracked and flaking off.
I did learn that here in ohio at least, they just read the OBDll. If no light is lit (codes currently showing) it doesn't seem to matter.
Just reset to get the light off and you're good to go.
Thanks

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,916 Posts
Sure thing, mon!

It's a wee bit surprising that the diagram doesn't line up with what you have, as I pulled it from the 1996 Service Manual!

Oh, well.... :zbeer:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts