TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What could be causing this? i got some 14xx code yesterday about vacuum and i cleared it and the car ran great but about an hour or so later it started spitting and sputtering and giving me the misfire code.plugs and wires are fine.

·
Registered
45 Posts
P0305 Cylinder 5 – misfire detected Engine mechanical fault, wiring, ignitiion/fuel system, injector, ECT/MAF sensor, ECM

Have you done anything different to your car recently, modifications or anything?
Pull and check the plug in cylinder 5 yet? How many miles on your wires? How is the MAF? You have a CAI on it, the wire to the MAF tight, is it dirty, etc.? Just a couple things I would check.

Also, any idea which 14xx code it was?
P1400 Manifold Differential Pressure Sensor
P1401 DMTL Performance
P1402 DMTL Motor Circuit
P1403 DMTL Valve Circuit
P1404 DMTL Heater Circuit
P1405 EGR Temperature Incorrect
P1415 2nd Air Injection Insufficient (B1)
P1416 Secondary Air Injection
P1418 2nd Air Injection Insufficient (B2)
P1419 2nd Air Injection Valve
P1440 EVAP System-Vent Circuit
P1440 Canister Valve Open/Short
P1443 EVAP System - Tank Cap Missing
P1458 A/C Switch Malfunction

·
Registered
45 Posts
sputtering and spitting, I would assume a bad plug or wire, or vac leak somewhere. How is the car at idle?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
when i plug the hoes coming from the tee on the manifold the car runs way better, but when i hook it back it it can barely move, well it goes about 20km/hr

·
Registered
172 Posts
run the car for a minute or so, then pull the #5 plug. if its shiny and smells of gas, your coil pack is not firing that cyl. this happened to me with a 94 lx. checked everything including the injectors to no betterment. changed the driverside coil and it's never ran better! hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
when i plug the hoes coming from the tee on the manifold the car runs way better, but when i hook it back it it can barely move, well it goes about 20km/hr
then you most likely have a vaccum leak check the hoses for cracks and breaks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey, I got the same codes going off. Mine is #2 misfire though and the P1443 Canister vent valve and flow sensor code. Did you figure it out? Im trying to find out about that canister or how to trouble shoot it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts