TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a 2001 mustang transmission/marauder TC/Mark VIII flexplate into my 95 thunderbird. Now, the speedometer/odometer is not working. It shifts strange and torque converter is not sure what to do and when to do it. These all make sense because p0500 code (VSS malfunction) is present. I checked the sensor that came with the transmission and replaced it with the old sensor that for sure worked(both had green gears). No change. I removed the transmission wiring harness(that came with the transmission) and no damage seen to the wires for the VSS. I repinned the wiring harness from the old transmission that for sure worked and plugged it up. No change except maybe shifts a little better, not sure. I didn't go for a long enough ride to determine. Any other ideas? Am I missing something? Where else should I look? I am about ready to tow it to a shop to troubleshoot.

Seth

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Best advice I can offer here is to pull Harness off Tranny & ring out EVERY Pin - If it's not the VSS itself that's all the shop can do right? - I mean you are on the correct path IMO - Hopefully a guru will show up here soon to confirm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts