TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been getting this code for a while and need to get it fixed. Its a 97 Mark VIII with 4R70W with JMOD. P0741-Torque Converter Clutch Cir Perf/Stuck Off. I have read that if the VB is leaking somewhere you will have lower pressure which can cause the TC to slip and if it slips enough it will throw this code. I have searched for hours and hours and have found very little about this code. I dont want to waste money on a solenoid if thats not the problem since I havent found anywhere that said they replaced it and all was good.

A buddy of mine did the JMOD, and has done many of them, so I dont doubt his work. Perhaps something came loose or something?

I know very little about tranny's so any help / advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
I say install the various Main VB fixes applicable @ http://www.sonnax.com/ & THOROUGHLY review every single aspect of the JMOD... hey we all make mistakes - On our old Main VB's it would have been best to install some parts fm Sonnax while you were in there doing the JMOD the first time so IMO not doing that to begin with was already a mistake.

96 Main VB is darn similar to 97 Main VB - Just for giggles this is what we did:

Sonnax Main Regulator Valve (black) & the shorter stiffer Spring fm 2001 Main VB.

O Ringed End Cap fm 2001 Main VB in 2-3 Shift Valve.

Sonnax Solenoid Pressure Regulator (black) Valve from 2001 VB but used the heavier 96 Spring vice the TEENY Sonnax Spring from the 2001 VB... & by teeny I mean it slipped over the small tit on the PR Valve vice bearing on the flat "lands" like all the other Springs do in the like PR Valves of both VB's

Stayed with Jerry's desired Orange (or Brown) Spring in Converter Clutch Servo & 0D Servo as the 96 Main VB already had both - (2001 main VB had longer lighter CC Spring with entirely different OD Servo Assy & 2001 Sep Plate has Feed Hole for it, etc...)

Mild JMOD settings on 96 Sep Plate in keeping w/stock Motor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts