TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find this code anywhere. I've got that code, and code P1407 (No EGR flow... who cares?). An earlier scan got me P0300 (Multiple cylinder misfire), but that went away when I reset the codes. Could the P0300 have resulted from me unplugging injectors to test them?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
P1311 Ionization Misfire Detection Module Communication Fault

not sure what it means, but there's the code (Obtained here) ...

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Durr. It was actually P1131, P1131 Lack Of O2 Sensor, Bank One, Pre-Cat, Switches - Sensor Indicates Lean.

Here I was, trying to troubleshoot an OVERLY RICH condition (bad gas mileage, gassy exhaust, running like crap), and it turns out that it's just the EEC being a dumdum. I'm pretty sure I fixed it - a bottle of Seafoam and 6 gallons of gas, plus a fuel filter and plug change made the code not come back. I'm pretty sure an injector or two was clogged, but I'm not quite sure why the O2 sensor would read lean then. Perhaps at higher engine speeds it wasn't getting enough fuel through that clogged-*** filter to run stochiometrically?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump cuz it came back.

Already done:

-Whole bottle of Seafoam in the gas tank with about 5 gal of gas
-New plugs (wires look good)
-New oil
-New air filter
-New PCV valve
-New fuel filter
-MAF Sensor was cleaned
-Checked all injectors - they're getting a signal from the EEC, and as far as I can tell, are all firing. How does one check if they're clogged shut?

Also, when I erase the code, the engine runs just peachy. After it comes back, it runs all stumbly and crap, and is running WAY rich (smell it out the pipes, white smoke, etc).

Could it be the O2 sensor? Since they're only $40, I might get both tomorrow and replace them since I don't know how old they are.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts