TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced all the rubber hoses from the T all the way to the charcoal canister and a day or two later that code came up. One of the lines I replaced was rotten in half, I don't know why it wouldnt have thrown a code with that. All the hoses are nice and snug onto whatever they attach to.
Anywho, my question is there were 2 electronic thingies plugged into the rubber hoses along the path to the charcoal canister, which one of those does this code apply to? And should I replace both of the electronic thingies or just whichever one the code is for?

·
Administrator
8,034 Posts
Replace the canister and the sensor. The two electronic thingies!

Joe

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
alrighty, Thanks.:)

Edit:
that charcoal canister is expensive, $85 at rock auto
one of the elctronic thingies is $41 and the other is around $20.

This is going to be an expensive repair.
Is there a way to delete that evap crap? my state doesn't have inspections so I don't care if it's there or not.

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
I got rid of the code by replacing the solenoid and sensor (thingies), but I didn't replace the charcoal canister. I've never had to replace one of those.

My vacuum lines were bad from the frame rails all the way up to the intake manifold. I think Ford used a poor-quality material for those specific lines, as I've never had to replace any other vacuum lines on my car.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got rid of the code by replacing the solenoid and sensor (thingies), but I didn't replace the charcoal canister. I've never had to replace one of those.

My vacuum lines were bad from the frame rails all the way up to the intake manifold. I think Ford used a poor-quality material for those specific lines, as I've never had to replace any other vacuum lines on my car.
I'll try replacing just the sensor and solenoid then. Thanks.

·
Banned
754 Posts
I've been getting this code on and off now.... mostly on lol.

I think it happened because I overfilled my tank a couple of times by mistake.

the actual code is low or no flow to the evaporative emission control system control valve.

There is a flow problem with that valve.

I haven't looked at mine yet because it isn't causing anything other than some rough idling right now, and I got this rattling going on that seems more important lol.

If someone gets this fixed though I would like to know what did it, and keeps the light off and code gone.

·
5,650 Posts
If someone gets this fixed though I would like to know what did it, and keeps the light off and code gone.
It's been fixed hundreds of times and the solution was mentioned above. You need to replace the solenoid and purge flow sensor, the two electronic things coming off of the EVAP canister. And replace all the hoses from the canister to the engine while you're in there.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Where precisely is this stupid charcoal thing at?

I've been throwing this code for years and just turn it off (thank you Scangauge II). If I understand correctly, I have to remove the fender to access it?

·
Banned
754 Posts
Master: I've read quite a few threads where it's been fixed, most of them seem to get it fixed and then have the light behave oddly after that, like it will keep coming on.

I think my problem was caused by a way overfull gas tank. My canister may have gas in it, or there is gas in the line somewhere.

·
W&S Motorsports
161 Posts
+ 1
Verify that the hoses and bits of hose are good especialy the end of that piece that gets toasted by the pasenger's side exhaust manifold.
Next you may want to make sure that the CDAN4 strategy that you run has the solenoid enabled , it obviously has the sensor monitor switch enabled as you get the MIL. PM me if interested in what I found in FTE1.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The vacuum hose that runs from the sensor goes to a metal rail, and then from the metal rail to the throttle body. The area by the rail is right next to the exhaust manifold and the heat will wear out that line much quicker than the rest of the vacuum lines in the engine bay.

Unless you're tuned for an EVAP delete, don't worry about the rest of what he said. It can be programmed to disable to solenoid, but if you don't disable the sensor as well, you get the CEL.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts