TCCoA Forums banner

P1443

2K views 32 replies 6 participants last post by  T6Rocket 
#1 ·
Okay, so two years ago I got the P1443 and replaced all the evap hoses with fuel line and both electrical parts. I should say, all but one hose, the one closest to the fuel tank. I was pretty sure I could get that one off, but not sure at all I could get a new hose on there because it looked like I would be using one finger from each hand since it's so tight.

I got the 1443 code yesterday, and I am getting a slight gasoline smell from the fuel filter area. Any tips on replacing that hose? Any other fuel tank vent hoses besides the EVAP hose?

Thanks,
Al

#31 ·
Made some major strides on this. Filled the tank with gas and raised the front end really high with a jack - fuel came dripping out of the filler vent hose connection at the metal pipe.

The hose connection is tight, must be a split in the hose that I can't see. Hope the metal pipe end is in good shape. Hoping I can get away with just dropping the tank an inch to replace that hose.

Currently driving the car around to use up the gas I just put in, lol! It seems Advance has 5/8" fuel hose. May pick up some fuel resistant Permatex 29132 to smear a little on that connection for good measure.

Al

Reactions: CDsDontBurn
#32 ·
Even though the metal line on the car scaled .625" (16mm) with a caliper, the 5/8" fuel hose I picked up looks so big compared to what I remember the hose on the car looking like. I did pick up the fuel resistant Permatex just in case it doesn't fit as snug as I would like. Hope it fits!

Al

#33 ·
Finally able to put this one to bed! I replaced the filler vent hose. The old hose had a little "void" in the hose, basically a hole. The rubber had disintegrated in one spot and only the webbing was left. Weird. Did not rub against anything, as there isn't any moving part near it.

The new 5/8" hose fit nice and snug, and I used wider clamps. I had to support the tank to remove the strap to make the job easier, but otherwise it was straightforward. Woohoo!

Al

Reactions: Rodeo Joe
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.