TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone every tried this tire size? The Michelin I want doesn't come in P225, so I figured I would ask in case someone has looked into it. The wheels I am using are 6.5" wide.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
My tires are P235/55R17 as you know and there is no rubbing. I was concerned about the width being maybe a bit too much, but there is just barely enough clearance with the top ball joint on the front UCA... and I have 7" wide rims.

If you plug in the numbers my tires versus yours here http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html you'll see that your tires are 0.1 inches shorter (height/diameter) so you shouldn't have a problem.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I didn't see your post until I started this thread. I used the same site to figure it out.

Awesome!

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
I run 245/50/16 Bridgestone Potenza's on a 16x7 rim with no rubbing issues. I am pretty sure those would fit on a 16x6.5 rim...

·
Registered
850 Posts
I have that size; 235/60/16 on OEM sport wheels and they fit and work just fine.
makes the speed about 2mph faster than what the speedo shows, though

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I run 245/50/16 Bridgestone Potenza's on a 16x7 rim with no rubbing issues. I am pretty sure those would fit on a 16x6.5 rim...
I run that same size myself. Fuzion zr1's

·
Registered
182 Posts
I bought my old '92 SC with the 235/60R16 size tires on it. No rubbing but the tires weren't as low-profile looking as the stock 225 size. They filled up the wheelwells but, to me, they looked a little big.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts