TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iv done some searches around here and at MD and came up with some mixed reviews on the P51 intake...many people are saying its pretty good and flows well, some say they actually lost power and an accufab elbow and tb made more power....others say its terrible for N/A cars, and good for power adders...i wanted to see if anyone around here had any experiences with it, or knows anything about it...

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I have come to the conclusion that the stock 2V PI factory intake is really good, the Bullitt is a notch better but not really that much, and if you need more intake than this you probably need to starting looking at a 3V or 4V conversion. IMHO the intake is not the limiter on these motors its the 2V heads.

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet...i didnt know if it would make a difference or not with my blower...

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet sweet...

fox lake was advertizing a 22hp and xx torque gains with this intake on a stock motor vortech propelled mustang...it is hard to believe as they are the ones that also sell it...

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
I met one guy at Red River Raceway when the P-51 came out, his track times (corrected) were worse off. He went to the dyno, and he actually lost almost 30 RWHP with it.

Pete

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
yea i would tend to think it would require much dyno tuning to back-calculate MBT spark, seeing as how those short fat runners would most likely lower the intake charge velocity making it a slower-burn type scenario

1 - 7 of 7 Posts