TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw it for the second time today. Awesome flick. It seemed better the second time around for some reason.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Also, for Portal fans like myself, the voice of GLaDOS -which is too the AI voice of the stories primary jaeger- done by Ellen Mclaine is in it. Del Toro, initially had to get permission from 'Valve'- the copyright owners- to be able to utilize that character element in his film. Back when the trailers had first previewed several months ago, many Portal fans -myself included- had to see this movie just because of that. And the movie is Awesome :D

GLaDOS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3HeXxMGJvM

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Make sure you don't show up right before the film's start time like I have a habit of doing. There are no opening credits to take up the first few minutes like most other movies.

I bought some Goobers and missed the first few minutes the first time I went to see it. I didn't understand where the Kaiju came from until well into the movie.

Also, there's a bonus scene at the end of the main credits that show the computer models for the Kaiju and Jaegers. The movie is over 2 hours long and most folks naturally leave as soon as it's over.

Wait for it. It's pretty cool and funny.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts