TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would this work on a tbird 4R70W? http://www.baumannengineering.com/tcs.htm It would be slick to always have cruise "on" and use the brake to cancel it and the set acc button to enable it while on and off are up and down shift. Also you could rewire the O/D cancel button to a "Sport Mode map" which would be cool. Has anybody ever used one of these?

·
Super Moderator
10,751 Posts
I'd love to have paddle shifters, but I'm sure that would eventually fry the Torque converter...how do you handle the lockup?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking its a lock in 3rd gear thing with that box but you should be able to change it. Would you think it would work well in a 96?

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
Would this work on a tbird 4R70W? It would be slick to always have cruise "on" and use the brake to cancel it and the set acc button to enable it while on and off are up and down shift.
It says there on their site it can use the speed control switches as control inputs, while being mutually exclusive of the speed control system itself. Meaning, the switches retain their original functionality. And to initiate the trans control feature you press 2 of them in Baumann's specified sequence.

I was actually going to do something similar with the cruise system. I planned on keeping it on at all times, so that all I would need to do to engage it would be to press Set/Accel. The On/Off switches on the wheel would then control torque converter lock and unlock, with a switch elsewhere to select either EEC control or steering wheel control. BUT: the cruise switches are resistance type inputs to the processor, not simply normally open, dry contact switches.

So maybe I'll yank the cruise and do something cool, I don't know...kinda want to keep the cruise so I probably will not do this mod unless it craps out or something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts