TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what is the deal with all these shows and songs where doctor Bender is constantly being paged? "paging Dr Bender" I never really thought about it until I heard it on south park the other day. I did some searching and only found references to it in songs and shows and one post saying that it's a funny name to get people to say over the intercom for a chiropractor. Am I missing something here?

·
Super Moderator
11,919 Posts
It may be a reference to a ladies man kind of Dr. - You know, the kind that are always screwing the nurses.

I think it's a play on words. I think Dr. Bender is a euphemism for Dr. Bend her over.

... not to be confused with:

The group Dr. Feelgood or the song Dr. Feelgood by Mötley Crüe. :D

I guess you're referring to the Escape intro lyrics by Rehab?

Another plausible reason that it's used widely on TV is that the sound clip is just widely available as a royalty free stock sound byte.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another plausible reason that it's used widely on TV is that the sound clip is just widely available as a royalty free stock sound byte.
I was wondering this myself. But with the budgets of most shows, you'd think they could do whatever they want. I am curious if I am missing out on a joke or something since its so widespread. Yeah rehab song is one that has always stuck in my mind since I used to jam that album alot. When I heard it again on southpark, I figured something was up! Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I'd bet on that. I've noticed this sound sample "Dr. Davis, telephone please. Dr. Blair, Dr. Blair. Dr Jay Hamilton, Dr. Jay Hamilton." in a hundred TV shows since I remember first hearing it in the beginning of Queensryche's "Operation: Mindcrime" album on the intro "I Remember Now"...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei7cSNdkDWo

There's a lot of stuff like that in shows that would go by unnoticed until someone points it out....then you'll catch it every single time.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
I love operation mindcrime it's a great album.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts