TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm painting my car in a few weeks (finally :D ). I am definitely going to go with black. Yes, I know black will be a pain in the a** to keep clean, but I already wash my car at least 3 times a week anyway, what's another 1 or 2? I was thinking tonight about doing a metal flake black. But I'm not really sure what it would look like on my car. If anyone has any pictures of a 94 or 95 bird with metal flake black paint, could you post them up? There are tons of pics of black birds, but I haven't really been able to find any in metal flake black, not even on Google. Maybe I didn't look hard enough, but I figured it would be easier to ask you guys anyway. Thanks!

Nick

·
Registered
73 Posts
I once saw a painter buy just metal flake. He added it to what ever color he needed flake in.
The day I saw it, he added the flake to white to make a metal flake white. :eek:

You should be able to get your shop to do something similar.

What kind of price are you getting quoted?
I've got to get mine painted before winter and most places around here start at $4k.
I was hoping for closer to $3k.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My cousin is painting it for me (he runs a shop). He's doing it for $500 plus the cost of paint/supplies/whatever else he might need. I was quoted around $3000 from a local body shop, but that was including all the other work that needs to be done (new hood, header panel, headlights, etc.) I decided to do all this myself to save some money, but its still going to run me a little over $1200 for everything, including the paint.

I know that metal flake can be added to whatever color is needed, but I wanted to see what it would look like before I just went and did it. I'm still looking for pics if anyone has any, post them up. Thanks.

Nick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts