TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to find the paint code to touch in a recent rocker repair on my car.

I've checked under the bonnet, and the plate attached to the body lists the following numbers, in this approximate layout:

2375 P62L1
A
205525 RD 56
RH052524
FF
WL 4G844

From the tech article, I think my colour is "RD" - Teal. When I gave the code to a local paint company (over here in the UK), he found it on their system as "Bright Teal Green Metalic".

My car is the one shown in my gallery. Is that what the colour is actually called?? I'd have said it was blue/turquoise??

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,525 Posts
Yup, that sounds right. Color code RD, "Teal Metallic".

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, but Teal "Green"???

·
Super Moderator
9,525 Posts
Not sure where that comes from, probably just a local database variation or interpretation of the color. You should be able to have them mix up a small sample of it for you before you buy any quantity to be sure.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I think they do that. Ford didn't do any other "Teals" though did they? According to the tech article chart anyway?

·
Super Moderator
9,525 Posts
Not that I'm aware of. The RD code was only used in 94 and 95.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
You can confirm the paint code by check the tag inside the drivers door jam.

-Bryan

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will do, next time I get it out of the garage. I can't get to the door jam without moving a ton of stuff (my garage is only about 1" wider than the car!).

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
My 94 had the rd paint code before I painted it amber fire pearl. It was the only teal color I've seen on these cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts