TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,732 Posts
It varies manufacturer to manufacturer and has been diluted over time but OG BRG looks darker than DHG by a few steps, it’s really the equivalent of midnight blue in the green spectrum, where it’s mistakable for black in low light. Also true British racing green isn’t metallic like Highland, which may make it look darker.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,852 Posts
Dark Highland Green. Remember when I was lobbying for you to use that color when you were still deciding?
Yea, I kind of remember that. DHG is a great color too.

Isn't that pretty much British Racing Green, like on MG's?

:)
Yea, but, as the photo above shows, BRG is darker than Ford's DHG.

I think Highland green is a bit darker IMO.

My wife and son keep pushing me toward dark silver/grey.
Anaconda Green is darker than both BRG and Ford's DHG.

By all means skip the baby **** green lime gold metallic! With the black interior you could really go with any color. I'd go white with black racing stripes.

Grey with black stipes would look good (At least they do on Mustangs, not so sure about Tbirds). https://duckduckgo.com/?q=mustang+black+with+grey+stripes&t=ffnt&atb=v35-3&iar=images&iax=images&ia=images

Any of these classic Tbird greys would look great. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=grey+thunderbird&t=ffnt&atb=v35-3&iax=images&ia=images

·
Super Moderator
10,273 Posts
Even with a metalflake look, that's just not really a Ford color. IMHO.

I didn't realize the Bullitt was MF; the one I remember seeing was faded badly, I guess I couldn't tell. It's several shades lighter, for sure.

I had a buddy that bought BHG paint for a Spitfire (ugh.*) and then painted everything else the same color; it doesn't really fit a Harley, either. :)

The pic above looks great!

*Tiny sports cars need to be bright colors, and have open headers to attempt to survive, Camo colors are Not recommended. That's why I like Chrome. :)

·
Super Moderator
11,852 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,273 Posts
I've seen that color Jag!

That's a killer metalflake paint, on a sunny day it looks 12" deep. :)

No, he wouldn't let me drive it; his supposedly had 800hp, but it was a garage queen. :(

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Took the car in, won't have it back for about a month. Color is going to be Highland Green (paint code M3067).

Was torn between that and grey like this http://car-from-uk.com/ebay/carphotos/full/ebay978221.jpg. But when literally ever other car on the road is grey, white, or black I knew I wanted something different.

Will post pics when i get it back later this month......and thanks for the input everybody!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Was supposed to get car back end of this week but received call this morning that they found crows feet all over the car, not just the hood. So, they'll be spending additional time prepping the car before getting it off to paint.

Glad they are taking the extra time. I would rather it be done right so it's all good.

·
Super Moderator
11,852 Posts
For sure! Take the time to do it right! You don't want a MACCO job!

Can't wait to see it.

·
Super Moderator
11,852 Posts
Car looks great! Thanks for sharing.

You guys look real happy. My boy LOVES car shows too!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Always like the modern colors out , you could attempt a real nice candy blue if your gonna go in depth and do every square inch . The burnt candy orange is nice too.

·
Super Moderator
10,273 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,134 Posts
Ooh, I like that. Great choice.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts