TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinkin about goin with a black base and put silver on the inserts LE style. i aint got no damage juz a few dings here and there. so give me a rough idea of a price for a paint job.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Depends where ya go. If you know someone who does paint they can give ya a good deal. Try some smaller shops, they are usually the best since most depend on reputation to stay alive. With paint though you get what you pay for usually.

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
about 2,000 to 3,000 for painting hole car and removing all the trim and scuffing and masking .that's if your car is no thicker than 8 to 12 mils if 8 or less your ok if 9 to 12 they have to completely strip the car to bare metal.If they don't you have the risk of peeling and chipping.It take's an average of 4 mills to equal a paint job 2 for base 2 for clear wich equals the thickness of a piece of typing paper

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
try calling a few body shops and get estimates on paper...they can tell you what you should expect to to them, not us.

joseph

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
I talk to a body shop today they wanted 1,600 to paint mine and im providing the paint and clear.I have done all the body work and prep work at school in autobody class and the car is completely stripped and they still wanted that mutch.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
thunderbird96 said:
I talk to a body shop today they wanted 1,600 to paint mine and im providing the paint and clear.I have done all the body work and prep work at school in autobody class and the car is completely stripped and they still wanted that mutch.

complete repaint and prep for my pearl white bird is about 3k...at in my opinion the best shop in town...and west palm is full of body shops.

joseph

·
Registered
824 Posts
I did all the prep work myself on my car, then took it over to Maaco for the Ambassador paint job. (The cheapest option mind you, check out my site for pics..)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nah aint no way im steppin foot on maaco turf. they did my dads 82 gmc sierra and did the worst paint ive ever seen, runny paint everywhere, missed a few dents, ****ty spray in bed liner.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
My brother said he could have painted the Cougar for about $500 at school since they don't charge labor. He did it himself to paint the fender, bumper, and sideskirts and cost like $147. Find a college or some place like that to do paint and it's real cheap.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah i go to a technical school and i kno some kids in auto body ill ask em some time round

·
Registered
7,557 Posts

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
well i lucked out i am going to have enough time to finish mine at school im painting the outside on monday .the door jambs are already shot check out pics on streetsourcemag.com

1 - 15 of 15 Posts