TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Alabama Chapter Director
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok if you were painting your car a 2tone paint job splitting the line around the pinstripe area of the car, how would u go about painting the inside of the doors?

a) Would you follow the split line to inside the door trim
b) Leave the door trim one solid color

Thank you for your opinion! :D

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
i guess it depends on if you were going to do the interior custom to match the exterior. I personally would leave it whatever the dominant color is. most likely the the bottom color.

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
You don't want my opinion sarah.

C.Hill

·
Super Moderator
7,515 Posts
The biggest issue is how much time do you want to spend painting door jambs? If you are going to have the line where the pinstripes are, this will be even harder because you will have to measure and tape out that line, and then make sure that you are exactly even with that line on the inside, otherwise when you look at the edge of the door when it is opened, if they don't match up perfectly, it will look like crap. If you do decide to 2-tone the jamb, it would make things easier if you put the paint line right in the center of the upper body line, or have the lower color come right up to the bottom of the windows. That way the outside paint and the jamb paint will definitely match up. It also depends on what colors you are using and what color the interior of the car is whether you can get away with one color in the jamb or not. If the jamb paint is close in color to the interior color, you can get away with one color a lot easier than if they are totally different.

Mike

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
i was gonna halve the car.... leave the front red and kinda diagonal fade it into black.. leaving doors and engine bay red :) kinda peel effect like a redhot tbird is pulling out of a black tbird.. .paint the rear black, cuz trunk is less real estate to paint black :)

·
Registered
708 Posts
i say two tone the jambs, its not custom if you dont. i also think that separating the colors at the body lines is weak. try to be creative with your paint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts