TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '93 needs paint in a bad way.
Maaco wanted $1500. ( I didn't get a warm fuzzy from these guys!)
One Local Shop wanted $3997
A second shop wanted $4500

Anyone have any recommendations for Columbus Ohio area?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Basically when it comes to paint, you get what you pay for. Maaco is good if you want to do a quick and dirty job just to sell a car. If you want a good paint job, you need to shop around and actually see some shops work.

I'm getting a place called Auto Metal Masters to do all my paint and prep work for me. They did my floor pan and spare tire well for me and did a GREAT job.

Auto Metal Masters is in Pickerington off of 256. They're in the White pages. The last time I talked to them they had a guy that used to work at Rutherford Auto Body in their paint area working for them. Just so that you know, it is not cheap. I'm figuring on dropping about $5000 in paint and prep, maybe more.

My suggestion, shop around. There are a bunch of places that do paint in Columbus, but it depends on how good of a job you want done.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking to send $3k.

This post was to help me from looking around at all the shops.
I been to 4 so far. Seems like if they only want collision work or start at more than I was hoping to spend.

Thanks for the names.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I know the feeling. The shops that I looked for locally to do the body work/ paint and prep on my SC project were all the same, only collision work, or insurance work. It seems that the only ones that would even touch what I wanted to do were some specialty shops.

I would try talking to Auto Metal Masters and see what they say, or who they recommend.

Other than that, look in the Yellow Pages for automotive restoration and try talking to some of those guys.

-Josh

·
Registered
64 Posts
i like the body shop on frantz road, they are being real good to me they are in dublin off of rt 161,

"the body shop" thats their name...

they are doin some real nice projects right now

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks,
I'll call them tomorrow. :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
YA, give a hollar if you want to meet up there i have to ask them if theyll paint a spoiler and shave my trim off my trunk tomorrow

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got sick last week. :zpuke: :zpuke: :zpuke: :zpuke:
Thanks for the offer, but I didn't feel like sharing this bug.

I call The Body Shop. All over paint starts $4.5 ~ $5K

Ouch! I think I'll keep looking for a small mom and pop place.

·
Registered
64 Posts
dude me too i been sick all week, ya i only recommended them cause they are good, they have a lotus in there with an impossible paint match and it looks flawless, that alone is why ill go there and only there, i did have germain ford body shop paint my car when it got vandalized but i cant remember how much it was.... they did good work on my old car, germain ford body shop is up on powell rd in powell oh, give them a shot...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found small two-man shop in Marysville, Ohio.

If they do a good job with the fiberglass hood, all over paint and subtle flames I post more about them.

Strip the roof and trunk (they are checked really bad), fix the rust on the bottom of both doors install the fiberglass hood: $2600

Paint subtle flames on just the hood: $600

1 - 10 of 10 Posts