TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering would it look good if i painted my car jet gloss black with candy apple red flames if this has been done

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
All that really matters is what looks good to you. If you think it would look good, go for it. If you are questioning it, probably not. I've never see those colors used before.

I myself am not a big fan of flames on these cars, but there are a few that actually look good. For instance, Lonnies Mark VIII looks awesome with the ghost flames.

But do what YOU want.

;)

·
Registered
608 Posts
go blakc wihta red candy coat over it. that would be really different. my old man had an isuzu q16 (i loved what he did to that truck) that he had painted black and had a dark blue candy coat put on it. it looked gorgeous.

·
Registered
708 Posts
as a painter, ive seen tons of flames and done it myself a few times. IMHO, the end result depends on the work put into it. flames need to be proportional to each other, and they need to be shaded. just one color flames are ghey, if they have subtle shading to add depth, it makes all the difference
heres an example of flames... over venetian blue

these are the subtle airbrush effects that make it or break it. shown before the tape came off.

these flames also glow in the dark. just remember you can use any colors you want, just use more than one

1 - 7 of 7 Posts