TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I remember that there are some guys on here into it. I am looking at possibly acquiring a gun/marker/whatever and was curious what you guys would reccomend. I only play 4-7 times a summer but I love hitting what I am shooting at... Thanx...

Sam

·
Anything But Typical
1,337 Posts
Kingman Spyder. I used a Spyder TL plus for 2 years and loved it. My wife shot with a Spyder One and she liked how ight it was. If you only play a coupe of times a year I wouldn't spend more than $150. We played 10-20 times a month and my Spyder never failed (only one ball jam and that was due to cheap paint).

--Craig

·
Registered
798 Posts
You can't go wrong with anything Tippmann. I owned a Model 98 and i never had any trouble with it. All of the parts are standard and they have much better quality control, tolernces, and customer service than Kingman. It's all in what you want to get, if you want a spyder style gun go for a PMI Pirhana. It's american made and much better quality than kingman. Do you want electronic or mechanical?

·
Anything But Typical
1,337 Posts
I had nothing but problems with 2 of my buddies Tippman. The third I had an encounter with was very good though. I have owned 4 Spyders and never had a problem.

--Craig

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
I have a nice Spyder... worst thing that's happened, it started breaking balls in the barrel in the middle of a firefight. Cleaned the barrel out, no problems. Been using the same one for a few years now.

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
I havent used any of their newer stuff, but I give a big vote for tippman. I have one of their old .68 Carbines (dont even make 'em anymore), and the thing is a flippin tank. Only broken on me once.

Always wanted to mess around with an A5 with a flatline barrel.

The spiders are good guns too, lots of aftermarket support, and inexpensive. Just remember, you dont need an electronic marker, nitrogen, or any other super fancy stuff. All you need is a marker, maybe a regulator or expansion chamber, maybe a new barrel and a few paintballs. Remember, all you have to do is land one paintball on a guy. So learn to aim and play smart, and you'll soon school the spray-and-pray guys that spend more on their markers than I do on my car. KISS

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not a spray and pray kinda guy, but I want accuracy... I have heard a lot of good things about the Tippman. The biggest negative is that by the time you do the upgrades to get it accurate you could have purchased a higher priced gun that would have been as accurate out of the box. I guess I am looking for a good marker that was really good a couple years ago and that I can buy used for considerably less money now than new. I am not sure if I am even gonna get one yet... But if I do I would like to pay and forget so I dont have to constantly being worrying about getting something to improve it...

Sam

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
I'd go with the spider then, the tippmans seem to need a little bit of help to get them going right out of the box. Alot of the spider models are fairly inexpensive and are good to go out of the box

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You should post me a link...
Sam

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Get the Xtra, bob long regulator, and a 12-14" All-american barrel. That makes for a nice, cheap, accurate setup.

·
Registered
698 Posts
i have used only spyders. i have a bruizer - got ran over, tapped new threads in the handle, cleaned it out....works fine. i then got a 32 degrees gun....HATE IT. i wanna sell it....if you don't use them for a while, a seal in the very front of the gun goes out and is not fun to change. i think my next gun is going to be an automag or autococker. i played against an automag last year and all i could hear is the balls flying by my head. couldn't even hear the fricken gun shoot. no ping or anything. spend some money and you will be happier. also, BUY GOOD PAINT. JT paintballs suxors, diablos rule.

Wiz

oh yeah....www.paintballgear.com and 888paintball.com some of the companies i have dealt with...very good to me. paintball gear shipped my stuff and i got it in 2 days:D

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
rancherlee said:
Get the Xtra, bob long regulator, and a 12-14" All-american barrel. That makes for a nice, cheap, accurate setup.
hell yeah, get a cheap spyder, a good reg (bob long, or palmer's pursuit), and that 14" all american barrel and you'll be rockin' for cheap. You really wont need anything more than that unless you really start playing often. And even then, remember all you have to do is put 1 ball on the guy.

I recommend Skanline.com, and especially countypaintball.com

I've been very happy with countypaintball, although they dont carry spyders, they do have some accesories.

·
Registered
120 Posts
If you want great "out of the box" marker id say get the Armotech Mars LT and if you want fullauto, 3rd burst and semi e-trigger get the Mars EVO. I've had my EVO for over a year now and it has never given me any problems at all. The best part about this marker is the barrel. It can shot better than my brothers 14" AA and my 16" Armson Stealth barrel.

If you want to go all out like i did get the Armotech WG-65 or Warsensor WS-66. The accuracy on these things are amazing and are very reliable.

hehe heres my setup. Its changed abit from when this pic was taken tho.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Armotech...it's a kick @ss little gun, I had a pair of em. Tons of fun. I sold one since as far as loading was concerned and actual firepower one was better than two, but definitely a head turner on the field. Actually, If you're looking to get into the game, I have my Model 98 here that i've been wanting to sell for a while. It's got a Flatline barrel, a venturi bolt, a telescoping stock, and a little scope (not so much for aiming, but for finding people in the brush...it works). I polished up the insides a little to smooth it out, and I painted it a sort of green-blue chameleon color. If you're interested, I'd give you the gun, a mask, a tank, and a squeegee for $250 shipped. It works great, never had any problems with it, and the Flatline is sooo satisfying, when you can tag someone that can't even reach you.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
But personally, I loooooove my Autococker. I haven't ever shot a more accurate gun, unless it was an Autococker too. And I think they're just the best-looking gun out there. I'll post up a pic of mine later. Pricey, though. Mine cost $400 to start with, then I put about another $500 in mods into it. But I wouldn't trade it for any other gun. Another good beginner gun is the M3 Black Dragun. I have one as my back-up in case the Autococker breaks down (which it likes to do) and it's great too. Not as accurate, but it's got an electronic trigger that's like clicking a mouse. It's a blast.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
You also might wanna check ebay. A used gun is better than a new gun if it's been maintained, since everything's broken in and adjusted properly, IMHO.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts