TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys, I know the whole "paint inside the headlight" thing has been talked about quite extensively, but...
I haven't seen where anyone has done it to anything other than the 96/97 style. Is this because the '95s would look silly? I just bought a set of clears from Big Mike and and am wondering how they would look. I just don't know. Any Photoshoppers out there want to take a stab at it?

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
yeah, mike (porkchop) did it and it didnt turn out that well. i happen to have the set that he painted in my possession :D it may look better to tint the backside of the lens instead. ill take some pics later and post them up.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
big mike said:
yeah, mike (porkchop) did it and it didnt turn out that well. i happen to have the set that he painted in my possession :D it may look better to tint the backside of the lens instead. ill take some pics later and post them up.
Hey Big Mike, I thought that the set that you are sending me is clear. Or is it that they are still not as clear as the '96/'97? Do you think you could post a pic of those, too? Don't worry, I still want 'em. "The check is in the mail."

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
My old '94

Not really good pics, but i never really focused on the headlights when i took these pics, by the way, this is painted on the outside, i just masked em off and sprayed em, took a long time to tape em up but it was worth it, looked really mean

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
tinman_72 said:

Hey Big Mike, I thought that the set that you are sending me is clear. Or is it that they are still not as clear as the '96/'97? Do you think you could post a pic of those, too? Don't worry, I still want 'em. "The check is in the mail."
they will be clear after i am finished with them. i am in the process of removing the black paint now. ill post pics when i am done :)

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
yea you can do a search on the headlights painted black and you'll find a couple posts by me..yes it gave them a tinted look but seeing how the lenses arent see through like the 96+ lights it just looked different...kinda cool...come angles it looked tight and very tinted...then other angle looked yellow cuz of lenses being dirty...

if you want to paint headlights i recommend jus to do thr 96+ headlight conversion on your 95..looks very nice and paint the inside of the 96+ lights black...*well the bottom reflective part only* and it will look twice as better

well here is a pic of the black painted 96+ light...which one looks better? :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts