TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I FINALLY got around to painting the birds on the center caps gold to match the car. The paint wasnt exact as it's only a krylon rattle can, but I think it looks pretty darn good. I'll get a closer pic tomorrow. What you think?

Now that I dont use the car daily(wife lost her job and is now home with the kids(and the bun in the oven :D ) so I should be able to finally get the other things I want to get done, like the Jmod, the LCA's, struts(maybe some lowering springs), and the strut rod bushings. We are getting the wife a family vehicle so the Tbird becomes more of a toy for me than a necessity, once we get the van :zbeer:

·
̇
3,701 Posts
Looks better than it did..With the all black rims..I still think those rims would look 100 X better color matched to your car though..

Good Job.. :thumbsup:

Rayo...

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks better than it did..With the all black rims..I still think those rims would look 100 X better color matched to your car though..
Good Job.. :thumbsup:
Rayo...
You know ......... I have been contemplating that as well.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,365 Posts
I'm probably part of the minority, but on stock rims I prefer a generally stock or more subtle look.

Don't get me wrong, it doesn't look bad, but if it was me... I might have just painted the birds in the centercaps black and left the rest of the wheels silver. I just feel as though black makes these wheels much more... two dimensional, if you know what I mean. Probably because there's so much surface area, not as much exposed brake hardware.

To each his own. :)

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Wow! Clean bird! Looks good man. Keep up the work and good luck with your future mods

·
Registered
131 Posts
Clean, indeed. Now all you need is some tire shine to match that beautiful black gloss wheel.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As promised... a closeup

She needs a MAJOR detailing after the horrible winter we had. I have to break out the compound and wax one of these days but the paint is in pretty good shape other than a big scratch on the roof and a dented hood.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts