TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to attempt painting my headlights last week, well the first attempt was, well...unsuccessful. I cracked the housing trying to get the lens off. So, I ordered anew one on ebay, and when it got here I just couldn't resist trying again, and this time it was incredibly easy.

So, of course I had to try with my other light. I thought it was a lost cause, but my wife told me to be patient, not my strongest point, and it finally worked.

I like the way they look...but now I have to try and finish by painting the corners.

·
Registered
744 Posts
looks awesome lobo. can't wait to paint mine, hopefully they'll be done by spring. good luck with the corners.

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
that looks awesome man, ive had mine sitting here ready to paint for the longest time....i really need to get off my butt and do it

(and i think those pics have me motivated again)

·
Registered
658 Posts
i think it would look better if the corners looked the same as the headlights. just a thought

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
thunderchicken17 said:
i think it would look better if the corners looked the same as the headlights. just a thought

Agreed.

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
yeah but as anyone who tried it would know, its near IMPOSSIBLE.

but i think just going ahead painting your headlights and slapping them on the car will really give you a reason to figure out how to open the corner lenses and match them up. I will tell you that you need a really strong dremel cutting disc to get them off. (im workin on, ill let yall know what happens)

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Because it looks so cool. Imitation is the sincerest for of flattery, right? I have wanted my lights like that for a long time, but wasn't sure how to do it. I read the how to on thundrn1's website, and just followed his instructions.

I am gonna do the corners the same style, but I am gonna buy another set first, so if I screw it up I won't be without corner lights.

It will have to wait until next weeek because I am working at the NHRA winter nationals all three days this weekend.

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
dam i guess this is catching on. how about someone paint it something other than black? i painted my headlights just becuase i have bigger plans for it ;)

-Mike

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
i wanted to paint my headlights the stock color, but since alpine green is no longer available without it being mixed, it would be too much work and money.

·
Registered
653 Posts
porkchop2oo2 said:
dam i guess this is catching on. how about someone paint it something other than black? i painted my headlights just becuase i have bigger plans for it ;)

-Mike
I'm in the process of painting mine, and they ain't gonna be black. ;)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts

I sorta copied u too, but i used some fineline tape and some acrylic enamel, works great and looks even all the way across, even on the corners, with no need t take apart the lenses

·
Registered
653 Posts
porkchop2oo2 said:
nice bro, how about you paint it your car color and i paint mine my car color?

>=)

-Mike
Nah. Besides, where would I find Pearl White spray paint? :tongue:

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
I tryed it on my old nasty lights...sure didnt come out as good as lobo's

how did you paint the outlines on the lenses? from the inside or the outside?

·
Registered
653 Posts
AlpineBird said:
how did you paint the outlines on the lenses? from the inside or the outside?
The inside. Doing it from the outside has way too many disadvantages and quality risks.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts