TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, so before I go and mess up the corner even more . . .

How did you guys cut the turn signals apart? I've looked at thundrn1's site, and I'm still confused. I've started cutting like he said, but I think I mangled the turn signal up pretty good. Anybody have any advice . . . or be willing to do a set for me? (It was worth a shot).

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
u talking about the corner lights? for your blinkers?

well if you are i just took mine apart the other day and painted the whole inside black....i used a dremel tool with the cutting dics. maybe the size of a quarter.....i just where the housing and lense meet where the glue is. i prob cut into the housing and lens but then i used a sillicone glue to put them together. i tried using a blow torch but the housing plastic gets very maluable when heated....alot softer than the headlight housing plastic not to mention the glue was diff it seemed.....so i stopped the torch method. with time and paitence i got them apart. if need be u can heat the plastic up and pull it and whatnot within reason so that the housing and lens meets better.....i had maybe 1/8 space between the housing and lens that i made sure was filled up with the sillicone glue. did them 2 days ago or so and put them on dried the enxt day....drve 2 hrs on them and nothing came off

next is to see how well they seal up with water is condensation will appear inside.

Dean

1 - 2 of 2 Posts