TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to paint my front license plate bracket to match my car. I am going to sand it down, prime it, paint it, and clear it. I tried to do this work before, but didn't sand it and it chipped off in a matter of weeks. The ugliness has just gotten to me and I want to do it right this time.

Does this sound like a good painting procedure?

Also - what is the proper way to mount it? It comes with mounting hardware, but it looks like I'll need to crimp it in place.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
uhhh, if ur licence plate bracket is anything like mine its just a big ol piece of soft black plastic with a texture on it....."sanding it down" doesnt make a whole lotta sence, neither does painting it in my opinion.

·
Registered
14 Posts
you need to apply an adhesion promotor to the plastic first then sealer or basecoat and clear, Dupont 222s is what I use. By the way this promotor can only be acquired throuh a body shop supplies distributor.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Send me the piece, I'll paint it at the body shop. It'll be smooth, and will never never flake off. Satisfaction and color match guaranteed. basecoat/clearcoat. if your car is laser red, it might look something like this:

$20 you pay shipping both ways.

chris

·
Registered
708 Posts
I'll even throw in two new large plastic rivets to reattach it. :D

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts