TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anybody tell me how to paint/dye my interior. i want to change it from black to something else. ive heard that you can do spray paint or something.

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
chsplayer said:
can anybody tell me how to paint/dye my interior. i want to change it from black to something else. ive heard that you can do spray paint or something.
best thing to do is get to be buddys with someone with a auto paint gun. dont spray paint it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I spray painted mine and it looks good. The only problem is when you look close you can see where I got carried away with the angle grinder.(sandpaper was too much work LOL) If you DO spray paint it I would recommend buy Krylon Fusion paint. It is made for plastic and it works great!

I sprayed mine with about 7-8 coats of color then 9-10 of clear ( if i knew how to wet sand or color sand I would have done that)

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
lmao.. i've got about 4 coats each color, and 4-5 coats of clear on mine.. i sanded off all the rubber.... well most.. i missed one spot, and its getting repainted this spring. but its pretty resilient. i used auto paint... not krylon fusion.. and YES i rattle canned it. looks good. you just have to use it right.

·
Super Moderator
13,649 Posts
Try Spray paint and Shoe Polish. See the magic that can be worked with these simple ingredients HERE.

What color did you have in mind?

·
Super Moderator
13,649 Posts
sinhumane said:
lmao.. i've got about 4 coats each color, and 4-5 coats of clear on mine.. i sanded off all the rubber.... well most.. i missed one spot, and its getting repainted this spring. but its pretty resilient. i used auto paint... not krylon fusion.. and YES i rattle canned it. looks good. you just have to use it right.

Can you post some pictures please. I'd like to see what you've done. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
i will as soon as i get home. its black with a silver inlay. a bit messy and hurried but it looks good until i get to it all this spring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts