TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...I have my new hood for my 92...it is fully blocked and primered and ready to go. However, I am looking to see what eveyone has paid to have their hoods painted. I am getting prices like $600!! That just doesn't seem right. Anyway, in case anyone cares, here is my pic:

John

·
Registered
647 Posts
I got my hood painted and door handles shaved for $400...but I know the owner and I send a lot of business his way so he takes care of me...

BTW, the hood looks pretty good in the pic...I don't see any waves :cool:

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Waves are for the lake, not my hood :cool:

I like this hood a lot...it should allow me plenty of room for future projects under the hood :D

John

·
Registered
343 Posts
J-Rob said:
i wanna know about the porsche(?) in the background

:D
and here I though I was the only one who was drowling over that thing.....
Hey I will pay ya to UUhhh hummm borrow the Porsche for a weekend for 600 bucks... :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
bmac said:
Thats a gool looking cowl! I wish I could get a regular cowl for my 97 but all I see are the R ones.
exactly!! i thought i was the only one who was looking for one of those. im keeping my eyes open thats for sure

·
Registered
647 Posts
dode said:
Waves are for the lake, not my hood :cool:
hahaha yea, they nicknamed my hood the Titanic at the body shop...so many waves it would have sunk. At least it fit good. There was a '69 Camero in the shop at the same time with a cowl hood, the driverside rear corner was up 1" from the fender and the passengenger side was down 1/2"...and that was after adjusting it! What a POS that hood was...e-gads :eek:

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
Where'd you get that and how much? That looks pretty nice. I'm still thinking I'll go with a newer headlight conversion so I can get the other type. the one that looks like it has two cowls one on top of the other. Personally I like that one better. Goes with the curves of the car better. When you get it on get a shot of it at an angle so we can see how it looks. I plan on swapping in an f-150 engine is why I want a cowl hood. Even with the cowl hood the engine will still stick through partially. So I'm thinking I'll fiberglass on a scoop too to raise it a big more.
-Thomas

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Thomas, I don't mean to insult you, but its obvious you're new to these cars. the "double cowl" you speak of is the Cobra cowl. As for the F-150 engine, if you're talking about a 5.4L Triton, expect more work than you already expect. The tritons are torque-monsters, but they really aren't built for power. You could spend the same amount of money to build a PI 4.6L and actually have an easier swap and more power. Just smoe thoughts. If you're hell-bent on the 5.4L for the simple sake of having ghr triton, talk to a guy here buy the name of J Miller. He's got a 5.4 swapped into his Cougar, and lets just say its a tight fit, for a mild understatement.

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
Actually no I'm not new to these cars. I just don't pay much attention to the other year models. such as the 94's and up that have the "cobra hood" available. I was not talking about the 5.4. I am talking about the f-150 4.2 split port engine. supersixmotorsports.com makes ported stuff for them and a guy on here a little bit ago put one in his car and said it worked out well so I was thinking I would do it myself. And yes, you did insult me. But thanks for trying to be nice. It WAS about 2 in the morning when I wrote that. So give me some credit. And I am either thinking about a sc engine or the 4.2. I really havn't decided yet. I'm going to look around at amount of parts and what they do for each engine so I can determine which will go faster. I'm thinking the 4.2 ultimately will. bigger displacement. And you can supercharge that too. I dunno yet though. I will also, eventually, be swapping the tranny for a t-5 94-95 sc tranny. the 94-95's hold more than the earlier ones do. And I will be taking auto classes at a community college next year where they give you full access to their lifts and computers so I could work out timing and all that fun crap. So Sorry I called it a double cowl, but that does describe it.
-Thomas

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you'd better do a little more research...for one...the 94/95 sc tranny is NOT a T-5, and is you are thinking of swapping in an SC engine, you'd better be prepared for a little more than just swapping the motor in and plugging a wiring harness back in...

John

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
Yeah your right. I probably sound like a moron on this thread. t-5's were in the 91-93 5.0's correct? Knowing my streak I'll probably be wrong again. All I know is that I can do it haha. it's an M5R2 correct? All I know is I have the money, means, and all the help I need to do it. I'd have an auto class instructor. I know this guy and he's friggin awesome with Ford stuff. And I'll have the lift and computers to get the timing down and all. all I need to do is find the time. So sorry if I made any of you stupider by reading this. It was just a simple mix up. Gimmie a break.
-Thomas

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
Hell I don't know. I'm a moron. all I know is that I talked with, I think it was rancherlee, about swapping to a 94-95 sc manual tranny because it could hold the most hp. and so that's what I'm doing dammit. I know how to. lemmie alone. lol
-Thomas

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No V8 manuals were produced.

John

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
sounds good to me. HELL I DON'T KNOW. I read all these articles and crap about swapping and such and it confuses me.
-Thomas

·
Registered
604 Posts
dode said:
No V8 manuals were produced.

John
The 91 Cougar with a 5.0 had a manual option.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts