TCCoA Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Are you sure? 'Cause i swear i saw the option in the brochure.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Well if thats the case, I guess there wasn't a V-8 Manual option.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Well, sorry for insulting you Thomas. I was just trying to be helpful. Most of the MN12 guys here that are really into performance are V8 guys. I therefore thought you were talking about the 5.4, I honestly didn't consider the 4.2 V6, but that's because nearly every F-150 I've ever seen has the Triton. I read your posts and what I thought was common knowledge, I guess is not. I was simply letting you know that the "double cowl" is the Cobra cowl. Wasn't trying to be smart or funny or insulting, but just trying to be helpful.

Besides on top of that. how was I supposed to know that you're not new to these cars? Hell, I don't even know what year or what model you have! My car is obvious, its in my sig. My ET sucks there because I was trying to learn to launch the car. I've only had mine since Feb 2002 so I have no troubles admitting that I'm new to these cars, but not cars in general. But I have been assembling a fair knowledge base on all model years of MN12s, just because I love them now that I've begun to learn about them.

I tried to give you credit, and tried to be as informative and nice as I could. Hence the way I started my post, because I was afraid of coming across as insulting. I guess me thinking you're new to these cars is just like you assuming I'm an ******* because you found my help insulting.

Well forgive me for trying to help someone out. geez.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Who is the manufacturer of the hood?

Dode,
I didn't see anywhere in the post about who manufactured the hood in the photo. Where did you get it? I need a hood to go over Cobra motor I am putting in my '96 T-Bird. Have you done a fit check on your car yet? Would you recommend this hood to others?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Well, lets just say it's not a mass produced hood. The cobra motor should fit without a cowl hood though.

John

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
I'd be impressed to see a cobra motor fit without a cowl. There isn't a whole lot of room under the hood of ours cars...

·
Registered
659 Posts
HEY MAN THATS A COOL HOOD,...

PLEASE TELL ME WHERE YOU GOT IT, I NEED ONE TO CLEAR MY INTAKE.
THANKS,
Dugweed

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
AverageJoe, Sorry for me being a dumbass. I guess I just get deffensive sometimes. I've found it happens when guys talk about cars. So sorry. There are actually beginning to be several poeple who have and are putting 4.2 in their t-birds. Sounds exciting to me. But I've also been thinking about a mark VIII engine also. There are a couple for sale on a post I saw somewhere around here or on SCCOA he has like 3 markVIII engine w/ all accessories and is selling them. Also there is a junk yard local to me that just about a week ago got in a markVIII, rear ended. So I'm guessing the engines good. I'll look into that too. All I know is I want something fast under my hood. But anyway, sorry for being an ***.
-Thomas

·
Registered
970 Posts
like a bunch of chicks.

Anyways, Hey john strode...the cobra motor doesn't fit under the regular Mustang hood...let alone a stock MN12 hood. Remember the first year they put the DOHC in the Cobra? The hood featured two fake scoops and a big ole bump in the middle to clear the intake.

By the way, Hey john strode...have you fixed your door hinge on your Cougar yet? Are ya ready to do mine? I am going back to school in less than a week, so we are going to have to get together again the next time i come back home.

Word,
-danimal

21 - 30 of 30 Posts