TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No pics yet. I have a friend paint it black. Then I thought of really getting into it, as far as the setup. So today I bought some grey primer and clear coat. Tomorrow I'll pull another grill from the yard. My idea was to use 7 coats of glossy black paint, and 7 layers of clear coat. I'll post pics when the project is finished.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
nice bro... I plan on doing the same to my mark VIII. I'm either doing it the body color or a smoked kind of look (havent decided yet). Post some pics when you get a chance man :)
-Steve

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
1,267 Posts
Sounds good, painting my grill body color was one of the first and most favorite things I have done to my car yet! Can't wait to see pics, if you wanna see mine, check out the cardomain link below!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I want this to be good, so it may take a litle over a week. Here is what it looks like now...

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
SC_Steve said:
nice bro... I plan on doing the same to my mark VIII. I'm either doing it the body color or a smoked kind of look (havent decided yet). Post some pics when you get a chance man :)
-Steve

Definitely the red. Very sweet.

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
See if you can get Mark McCormack to send you a pic of his gold grille on his 93. Seen it at Carlisle last year and that thing is sweet. Can't rememeber what he used and how many coats of each, but that thing is shiny.

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
what kind of paint did you use?, I'm also planning to paint my cougar's grill, its electric red as ford calls it, for sum reason when I got the car it had been replaced with a chrome one instead one the body color one

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
mn12xr7 said:
I'm also planning to paint my cougar's grill, its electric red as ford calls it, for sum reason when I got the car it had been replaced with a chrome one instead one the body color one
That reason being they never made body color ones, just chrome and black, but the black ones are more expensive.

·
Heavily Medicated Crime Fighter
2,073 Posts
Mine was a real pain in the butt.

4 coats of black paint and 4 coats of clear

3 coats of gold paint, One heavy coat of gold paint and while the paint was wet sprinkled in a layer of gold glitter and then 12 coats of clear.

Lots of wet sanding between coats.

It lights up at night when light hits it.

Mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts