TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys,

Here's an odd question. My dad is on the local city counsel. He gets to ride in the local Memorial Day Parade but has to provide his own convertible car. Has anyone ever encountered this sort of situation?

As a grown man, I don't own a convertible and none of my friends (as grown men) own convertibles. Anybody ever come across this conundrum? Should we rent one from enterprise/hertz? Is there a place online like TCCOA for parade vehicles?

Or am I just thinking too hard about this? Thanks in advance for answers far more intelligent than my question.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I would check with the local Ford dealer and see if they have a "Demo" Mustang you could borrow. It's always good to "take care of" the local City Counsel! :) Especially if the dealership has land on either side and wants to expand!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's a shameless bump. Pennsville Township's Septemberfest is Sept 7th. Does anybody know of a retro bird club or something similar that I can bug about getting a classic Thunderbird Convertible as a Parade car?

Last time, we got hosed by the local dealerships and a couple places that promised us a convertible then denied us day-of.

Ended up borrowing an ugly 80's 'Vette to get through, but I'd prefer a blue oval if I can make it happen.

Let me know if you guys know of any options, you're a bunch of studs in all other things Thunderbird-related.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Here's a shameless bump. Pennsville Township's Septemberfest is Sept 7th. Does anybody know of a retro bird club or something similar that I can bug about getting a classic Thunderbird Convertible as a Parade car?

Last time, we got hosed by the local dealerships and a couple places that promised us a convertible then denied us day-of.

Ended up borrowing an ugly 80's 'Vette to get through, but I'd prefer a blue oval if I can make it happen.

Let me know if you guys know of any options, you're a bunch of studs in all other things Thunderbird-related.
If you promise to post pics, I'm someone here can find one of these to let you borrow:

MN12 + Sawzall = great fun.

-g

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you promise to post pics, I'm someone here can find one of these to let you borrow:

MN12 + Sawzall = great fun.

-g
Hahahaha. Best/Worst Idea Ever!

·
Super Moderator
10,410 Posts
Call up a couple of older friendly politicians, and find out who has the cars;The Chief of Police is usually a good reference in a small town.

YMMV; I live in the South, we all get along, pretty much. :D

·
Administrator
8,010 Posts
Does anybody know of a retro bird club or something similar that I can bug about getting a classic Thunderbird Convertible as a Parade car?
Andy,

The Thunderbirdnest is all Retro-Birds. Maybe someone in a local chapter could help out. A lot of the guys were at the North Jersey show in June.

Joe

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can try asking this place if they will loan you a car. Its on the white horse pike not far off the turnpike or rt295. www.blacktieclassics.com I'll ask around and see if I can find a convertible.
Thanks, I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and see what's up!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Andy,

The Thunderbirdnest is all Retro-Birds. Maybe someone in a local chapter could help out. A lot of the guys were at the North Jersey show in June.

Joe
Thanks Joe, I was hoping you'd reply. That's the exact club I was looking for.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and see what's up!
Called up there, it's 1 grand minimum plus 200 USD per hour after 4 hours of use. Too much for my budget, but thanks for the link!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Go to the next car show tell them you will part the gas and buy diner

·
Registered
531 Posts
"Life moves pretty fast, and if you don't stop to look around, you just might miss it."

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_S7AyiVfNdA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The real reason the rates are so high.

Chick-chicka.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts