TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever done this? I was lookin at this site for when I go to florida in july and it seems the ppl riding are just SITTIN in there. DO they not strap you down?

Now for ppl that have done it, can you tell me about the experience you had? I hate roller coaters, they make my stomach go NUTS. Seeing myself that high up will prob scare the shiat outta me for the first min or 3 then ill eventually come around. Is parasailing anything like this? And is it bouncy like heck or would I be able to keep sunglasses on my face and hold a camera and take pics in the air?

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
I have para-sailed, and you are wearing a harness that clips to the sail frame.

It was tons of fun, and the height issue was not there for me. Sunglasses should be fine, as long as the temple arms hook behind your ears (versus the straight type)

The most scary part was the "landing" on the pontoon boat.

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
it is a lot of fun! did it down in mexico, and god only knows how high i was up, all the guy said was that the rope is 400 feet long so at what angle i was at, but the 20 foot boat looked like a micromachine when i was all the way up, it is kinda nerve racking for the first minute when you are that high up but you get used to it. other than that, yes your strapped in a harness so there is no way you could fall out.... but other than that, just relax and enjoy the ride

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
400 feet hehe. This one im lookin at goes 600,800,1000 and 1200feet. I dont know If i have the balls to go 1200 feet up.
thanks for the input guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts