TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I have this annoying exhaust rattle upon slight acceleration. Went underneath and checked, heat shields and hangers are all nice and tight. Traced it to the parking brake adjuster bracket hitting the exhaust pipe where it splits in two in the rear (stock exhaust). Was there anything holding this bracket on originally? How did it drop in the first place? Right now, I'm holding it in place with mechanics wire tied to the jack point behind the differential, but it's difficult because the cable binds if I make it to tight, and I doubt it will last long (rust, vibration etc.).

Attachments

·
The Parts Guy
7,344 Posts
If the cable is sagging/isn't taut, pull the clip and allow it to adjust. You may have to help it a bit, as it looks a little rusty. There is no mounting bracket for the adjuster. It is suspended by the cable.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Mine is also awfully close to the exhaust.

Al

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I climbed under there to see what I did. I put a thick zip tie around the part of the cable that has a black sheath on it, and attached it to the cross member. That pulled the assembly away from the exhaust.

I used one of those 36" long zip ties, which are around 1/2" wide. Of course, I cut the excess off. Those things are really handy, I have used them on exhaust hangers to center the exhaust on my Toyota - they can handle some heat apparently.

Al

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine did the same thing. The rattle got to me. I tried adjusting it a few times but once I got it in a happy spot, I also ziptied it. No evidence there was ever anything there before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts