TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My smogpump finally took a crap, it seized up and the pully basicly desinagrated(sp?)....does anyone know the part number off hand for the shorter belt to bypass the pump? I got one from autozone but it was too long....

thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
haha right in front of my face, thats what i get for broswing the forums tired. Thanks

The only problem I have now is I cant get the tensioner to release the socket is too worn out to hold any kind of torque(rounded out). :(
D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Johnny Cougar said:
At that point, I would probably stand back and cut the belt with some snips, then replace the tensioner, then put on the shorter belt. But I'm nuts.

actually taking a blade to it crossed my mind, but I got it off & back on using a few curse words and a skinny breakerbar. I'll replace the tensioner once I do my intake install. :cool:

·
Registered
141 Posts
I found a way to use physics and mechanical advantage to by-pass using the tensioner.

You can carefully slide the old belt off (since your relpacing it I'd cut it)
and then thread the belt like normal. Instead of leaving off the tensioner, leave off the idler, then you can push down on the belt at the idlers position and the pully system will make it easy to get the belt into position. Replacing the tensioner still sounds neccesary, but this is a much easier install proccess, and my belt has been fine for two months since I did this. (once it's on it's just as if you did it the other way)

Just the lazy mans approach.

P.S. If you actually try this, make sure to keep your hands out of the way, and you'll be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts