TCCoA Forums banner

Part numbers for OEM parts

25K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  95mercxr7 
#1 ·
Here are some part numbers for 4.6L/5.4L items that are obscure,or are difficult for the parts guys to find sometimes:

XR3Z-18B402-DA Water tube for Cooling mod(fits back of cylinder head in place of freeze plug)

I'll update this with alot of part numbers over the next few days-if you have any part numbers that I don't have-post them here,and I'll keep this edited.
JL

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
I had these elbows turn to cracked up garbage and just replaced the whole line with new hose, second from the smallest size at oriellys. I paid a buck 50 for it, dont need to get all OEM on that part.

Funny how JL either forgot or got too busy to post more. 2 days turns to 2 years.

#5 ·
Here are some part numbers for 4.6L/5.4L items that are obscure,or are difficult for the parts guys to find sometimes:

XR3Z-18B402-DA Water tube for Cooling mod(fits back of cylinder head in place of freeze plug)

I'll update this with alot of part numbers over the next few days-if you have any part numbers that I don't have-post them here,and I'll keep this edited.
JL
That was April 7, 2008.

It's February 10, 2010.

:D

#6 ·
Does anyone know the part number or exactly which cars have the 02+ GT maf besides the mustang?

#8 ·
Thanks! I didn't feel good calling the JY without a part number. :)

After some stuff that GM posted, I searched a bunch, and am going in with my 24# injectors and a new maf on my new pi engine.

Waiting for parts always makes me spend more money in the meantime, dangit! (lol)

On Car-parts.com they don't have them listed correctly; maybe the older ones will interchange for stock operation, idk.

#10 ·
I'd love to get a copy of the spreadsheets you have, GM; learning how to use them would go a long way toward learning this... :)

Where did you learn this tuning stuff?

Are there some good books/references you would recommend? I'd love to go to one of Greg Banish's seminars, but don't have time for much but reading. I have money, usually. :)

I hate it when one of my hobbies becomes another degree project, lol.

The last one was high speed current amplifiers; We use those now at work... I was doing Tesla coil experiments, lol.

#11 ·
http://www.mediafire.com/efituningstuff

that file hosting website has pretty much everything I have on my computer....the injector spreadsheet is "Fuel Injector Timing Calculations"

the only book I have purchased is Greg Banish's first book on EFI tuning....I think his second one is out already, so I gotta check up on that one

aside from that, the SCT PRP private forum has a wealth of tuning information....I'm sure you already have access to that, right? If not, do so immediately and look up any and all posts by MitchB

#12 ·
will do, as far as sct goes.

I just looked at the other link; cool!

There's even more there than I remember. :thumbsup:

Time to read for awhile.

:)

#13 ·
Radiator swap info...

First, a Cobra radiator is huge. :)

To fit the Mustang radiators of all types, use this lower radiator hose:

XR3Z8286AA

That's from here:

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?carcode=1362743&parttype=2057

Note that's for a "2000 FORD MUSTANG GT 4.6L 281cid V8 FI (X) SOHC "

This has the weird connection to the overflow tank, and has a 1.77" hose end, sized for the Mustang radiators.

This is much easier than stretching our hose from 1.25" to 1.7" and expecting it to last...

Hope this helps someone else!

#14 ·
First, a Cobra radiator is huge. :)

To fit the Mustang radiators of all types, use this lower radiator hose:

XR3Z8286AA

That's from here:

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?carcode=1362743&parttype=2057

Note that's for a "2000 FORD MUSTANG GT 4.6L 281cid V8 FI (X) SOHC "

This has the weird connection to the overflow tank, and has a 1.77" hose end, sized for the Mustang radiators.

This is much easier than stretching our hose from 1.25" to 1.7" and expecting it to last...

Hope this helps someone else!
I will keep this in mind when i order my aftermarket radiator...

#22 ·
I have two part numbers for the ones who are looking for them

one is WT5058 is for the cross over tube for the coolent. it is not the one that looks like a nipple but the one that a male connector connects to.

that part number is from autozone.

the second one is for the thermostat housing it is the longer ones for the 96 up also for the pi swap it is N811011 S309 from ford.

#24 ·
The connector for the lines at the rad is E2TZ 7D273 A. Lines themselves were a non-serviced part for this application ... you would have to improvise them using 5/16" bulk tubing, or cut out the leaking areas and join the line back together with high pressure flexible hose, double clamped.

cheers
Ed

#25 ·
ok I am looking for the nipple for the air intake tube. it is the thing that the iac connects to the intake tube. the tube that I found when I did the pi intake swap didn't have it on it. I am still looking for that peace of it. what I am using is a temp thing I am worried that I will suck it into the intake manifold. I would get a cold air intake for a mustang gt but I wouldn't know if that would work. thanks for the help

#27 ·
I do but that intake tube didn't have that nipple part on it. I also went threw some of the f150s that were there at the salvage yard they didn't have the tubes as well I would have went that rout to button it up. right now I put on a cheap cold air intake on it for a gt mustang so I don't have to worry on sucking in some quick thing but I don't have that ambent air sensor in it. that part is a little big for the tube I have it off.

but I thank you for your help Torque on asking and trying to help.

#28 ·
I found that nipple off of another thunderbird I found.

But I do have a question the adapter part number for the manifold to the egr tube any one might know what that is I striped mine out. need another one.

the thunderbird that I came across didn't have the header and egr tube. so I sol thank you for the help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.