TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some part numbers for 4.6L/5.4L items that are obscure,or are difficult for the parts guys to find sometimes:

XR3Z-18B402-DA Water tube for Cooling mod(fits back of cylinder head in place of freeze plug)

I'll update this with alot of part numbers over the next few days-if you have any part numbers that I don't have-post them here,and I'll keep this edited.
JL

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Here are some part numbers for 4.6L/5.4L items that are obscure,or are difficult for the parts guys to find sometimes:

XR3Z-18B402-DA Water tube for Cooling mod(fits back of cylinder head in place of freeze plug)

I'll update this with alot of part numbers over the next few days-if you have any part numbers that I don't have-post them here,and I'll keep this edited.
JL
That was April 7, 2008.

It's February 10, 2010.

:D

·
Super Moderator
10,298 Posts
Does anyone know the part number or exactly which cars have the 02+ GT maf besides the mustang?

·
Super Moderator
9,148 Posts
YC2F-12B579-BA

I got mine off an F150.

·
Super Moderator
10,298 Posts
Thanks! I didn't feel good calling the JY without a part number. :)

After some stuff that GM posted, I searched a bunch, and am going in with my 24# injectors and a new maf on my new pi engine.

Waiting for parts always makes me spend more money in the meantime, dangit! (lol)

On Car-parts.com they don't have them listed correctly; maybe the older ones will interchange for stock operation, idk.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Thanks! I didn't feel good calling the JY without a part number. :)

After some stuff that GM posted, I searched a bunch, and am going in with my 24# injectors and a new maf on my new pi engine.

Waiting for parts always makes me spend more money in the meantime, dangit! (lol)

On Car-parts.com they don't have them listed correctly; maybe the older ones will interchange for stock operation, idk.
Tell me about it....my engine will have more coatings than the space shuttle during this time that the drivetrain parts roll in

Let me know if you want to try out that modified injector delay table

·
Super Moderator
10,298 Posts
I'd love to get a copy of the spreadsheets you have, GM; learning how to use them would go a long way toward learning this... :)

Where did you learn this tuning stuff?

Are there some good books/references you would recommend? I'd love to go to one of Greg Banish's seminars, but don't have time for much but reading. I have money, usually. :)

I hate it when one of my hobbies becomes another degree project, lol.

The last one was high speed current amplifiers; We use those now at work... I was doing Tesla coil experiments, lol.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
http://www.mediafire.com/efituningstuff

that file hosting website has pretty much everything I have on my computer....the injector spreadsheet is "Fuel Injector Timing Calculations"

the only book I have purchased is Greg Banish's first book on EFI tuning....I think his second one is out already, so I gotta check up on that one

aside from that, the SCT PRP private forum has a wealth of tuning information....I'm sure you already have access to that, right? If not, do so immediately and look up any and all posts by MitchB

·
Super Moderator
10,298 Posts
will do, as far as sct goes.

I just looked at the other link; cool!

There's even more there than I remember. :thumbsup:

Time to read for awhile.

:)

·
Super Moderator
10,298 Posts
Radiator swap info...

First, a Cobra radiator is huge. :)

To fit the Mustang radiators of all types, use this lower radiator hose:

XR3Z8286AA

That's from here:

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?carcode=1362743&parttype=2057

Note that's for a "2000 FORD MUSTANG GT 4.6L 281cid V8 FI (X) SOHC "

This has the weird connection to the overflow tank, and has a 1.77" hose end, sized for the Mustang radiators.

This is much easier than stretching our hose from 1.25" to 1.7" and expecting it to last...

Hope this helps someone else!

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
First, a Cobra radiator is huge. :)

To fit the Mustang radiators of all types, use this lower radiator hose:

XR3Z8286AA

That's from here:

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?carcode=1362743&parttype=2057

Note that's for a "2000 FORD MUSTANG GT 4.6L 281cid V8 FI (X) SOHC "

This has the weird connection to the overflow tank, and has a 1.77" hose end, sized for the Mustang radiators.

This is much easier than stretching our hose from 1.25" to 1.7" and expecting it to last...

Hope this helps someone else!
I will keep this in mind when i order my aftermarket radiator...

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Speaking of obscure parts, does anyone know a part number, Ford or otherwise, for a 1995 4.6L V8 PCV valve elbow? It is in the middle or so of the photo, the bright black piece.

I had these elbows turn to cracked up garbage and just replaced the whole line with new hose, second from the smallest size at oriellys. I paid a buck 50 for it, dont need to get all OEM on that part.

Funny how JL either forgot or got too busy to post more. 2 days turns to 2 years.

·
Super Moderator
9,148 Posts
Coolant Nipple F75Z-8555-AA
Coolant Tube XR3Z-18B402-AA

·
Registered
284 Posts
Here is a part umber for the iac valve tube if you cant find it at a salvage yard.

It is for the ones who might be looking for it.

The part number is f8zz-9h308-aa.

I ran into a hard time looking for it for my self till now when I finally looked it up.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts