TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting to part out the 52,000 mi Cougar I picked up. I'm keeping the main body for my 97. First thing I'm listing is a pair of Summit sport seats Summit Racing® Sport Seats SUM-G1159B-2 They are in excellent cond. $200 for the pair. I also have a set of first gen SC wheels with caps and side skirts with mounting hardware. It has the brownish int. The dash pad is in ec. All the dash trim panels have been hacked up. Have a 97 4.6 and auto trans with 100,000 mi's. A pair of 01 PI heads and auto trans from a Mustang gt.

20200517_195821.jpg
20200517_195829.jpg
20200517_195835.jpg

·
Registered
234 Posts
I could use a decklid for my 91. Also possibly a set of doors. Mine are salvagable but might be easier if I find completely rust free. Where are you located? I'm in Northeast Iowa

·
Registered
234 Posts
My decklid has a luggage rack that I don't want and filling the holes while maintaining a straight panel will be tough. I'd prefer no spoiler, but a stock one would be ok. Do you have door shells without the cladding? Obviously your 97 would.

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 94 doors obviously don't have the cladding but they do have SC skirts mounted on them. You might have to do something with the lock hole on the deck lid. They put a camera in it and the hole is round now.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Thanks for the link to the seats! I was never aware of these seats before hand and instantly fell in love with them when you posted them. I wish I had the money to buy when you posted, but I am glad you go them sold.

I'll definitely buy these seats myself from Summit when I'm able to. I've already saved the link :)

Did you ever sit in the seats yourself? How did they feel? How comfortable are these seats? I know they wouldn't be "comfortable", but that's not entirely the point of these type of seats, but some comfort would still be desired, of course. Looking at the product description on Summit, these are strictly manual seats. Did your car come with power seat(s) or were they already manual seats? If it had power seat(s), did you try and fab up motors to the chair to make it work, or did you just not attempt to get them powered up?

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These were in a car I bought for the body. I did sit in them and they aren't bad. You definitely aren't sliding around in them lol. The seats have adjustable tracks on them. They bolted the rails to the manual mn12 rails. Not sure what you would have to do to mount them on the power tracks.

·
Super Moderator
12,549 Posts
I'd like to see a picture of those seats in a MN12.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,501 Posts
A few people have used them, I can’t remember his screen name but he had a black 96 and a white Mustang GT/CS.

I actually found a pair of those in black at victory auto wreckers in a Ferrari F355 kit car(Fiero), almost took them but the driver seat was ripped, I didn’t have the space and they’re cheap new. Definitely supportive, but I wouldn’t use them for daily driving, they’re very stiff and the vinyl was knobby and stiff like thin plastic (though they probably got worse in a junkyard environment)

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's some more parts from my 94 pickup.

Set of SC side skirts with mounting brackets. A few plastic clips are broken $150
20200525_170218.jpg

Complete header with all lights. Lights are in EC the car has 52,000 mi on it $125
20200525_170547.jpg

Front bumper cover in VGC Hole cut in underside for some reason. $50
20200525_170444.jpg

20200525_170453.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts