TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a pretty beat 97 tbird, non-sport. Has good LEDs in the tail lights, 15" wheels with decent tires, rear disc brakes, and a good running 4.6. Let me know if anyone needs anything. Thanks!

Mike

·
Super Moderator
9,300 Posts
Hi Mike - wondering if the cluster bezel is any good. Mine cracked! :(

·
Super Moderator
7,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, interior is pretty well trashed on this thing. All bezels cracked, headliner falling down, driver's seat all torn up, carpet worn out, etc.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Do the 97 license plate bulb covers fit the 96? Are yours free of cracks/damage? If so, how much would ya want for both? I would only need the clear plastic covers, not the bulbs.

·
Super Moderator
7,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chopper, I assume you mean the black plastic part of the glove box when you open it up? If so, yes that is fine, and I will get a shipping quote on it and get back to you.

Torque, yes the license plate bulb covers are in good shape, and are the same on all 94-97 Tbirds. How does $20 shipped for the pair sound?

·
Registered
284 Posts
is it the 5 speed type I am looking for the pedals. turning mine into a 5 speed also any thing related with it as well that connects the pedals to every thing
other than that are you willing to part out the back knuckles if it is rear disk as well as the portion valve

·
Super Moderator
7,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
95merc, it is 4 wheel disc, so I can send you the knuckles, let me just get a price on shipping, but this is not my 5-speed car, this is just a 4R70.

Joe, the module should be fine. The car has never been hit, and no airbag lights on the dash. How does $50 shipped sound?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Torque, yes the license plate bulb covers are in good shape, and are the same on all 94-97 Tbirds. How does $20 shipped for the pair sound?
I took a closer look at them, and now I see that the lenses are apparently permafixed to the bulb housing, and the whole assembly is riveted in. When I quickly looked at them years ago, I initially thought the lens was just a flat, snap-in plate. Mine aren't pretty, but they aren't leaking, either.
Since my car has more serious issues than cosmetics, I'll put this job on the back burner to-do list for now. Thanks for checking, but I'm withdrawing my dibs, in case anyone else wants them.

·
Super Moderator
7,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What about the differential? Is it trac lok or open one?
The axle code is E, so it should be a 3.27 trak-lok. Where are you located? Shipping the complete diff would be difficult, but I could pull the trak-lok unit out and ship that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The axle code is E, so it should be a 3.27 trak-lok. Where are you located? Shipping the complete diff would be difficult, but I could pull the trak-lok unit out and ship that.
I'm in Poland :) but I'd use some international carrier service, I'll look for any nearest to NJ.
What's the price for the tl unit?

·
Registered
391 Posts
How about the fuse boxes with a lent of wires? Does it have the auto lights and auto HVAC controls? I'd like the wire harness being the dash.
Shipped to 27526. Thanks.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Still have the passenger side tail light?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts