TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ht tp://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/Overnight-garage-fires-cause-23000-damage-90737984.html

Car was BBQ'd but is largely undamaged - rolls but undrivable. I started restoring it last year but stopped due to theft of welder and other tools.

Car is a 91 chassis - needs paint and glass - you probably don't want it.

4 factory wheels,

fresh rebuilt 5.0L with a fat cam, roller top end, single plane and holley 4-bbl
rebuilt 71 351W heads with 2.02/1.6 stainless valves and hardened valve seats. Fired once to set timing then disassembled and gooped up with assembly lube for storage.

msd digital timing computer and 6AL module
fixed advance 5.0L roller cam distributor - locked out advance - just a timing signal for the MSD computer. I have factory (first cylinder advanced) and evenly spaced timing windows for it.
ProComp MSD style distributor with a custom bottom gear for 5.0L roller block.

tokico suspension
8.8" rear (3.53:1 LSD)
rear disc brake assy's - need new pads

Also have every single poly bushing as well as offset steering gear bushings.

96/97 headlights and left corner light.
95 bumper (intact but needs paint)
96 3" cowl fiberglass hood (was in the garage at the time - intact)

Location Winnipeg. I'll ship some stuff but I don't want to ship anything too large or heavy (I have a honda civic to transport to/from shipping locations)

What was damaged was basically the paint, glass and interior. Front right corner light, header panel and rear right tail light are toast.

I have no insurance on this car so very open to offers.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Can you post some pics?

Interested in poly bushings. As to offset steering bushings, who makes them and what is the intention to allow clearance for headers?

Is the tokico stuff new? What series?

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
Info on the hood:

Who made it? What type is it? Can you post or send me pics of it? What are you looking to get out of it?

·
Registered
123 Posts
if 84cougarv8 dont take the headlights,PM me a price shipped for them,and can the header panel still be used even though it is damaged or is it to badly damaged?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if 84cougarv8 dont take the headlights,PM me a price shipped for them,and can the header panel still be used even though it is damaged or is it to badly damaged?
Unfortunately the header panel was cracked in the middle by the firemen climbing on the car :rolleyes:. Only 3 of 4 lights survived but those that did are in surprisingly good condition.

I forget who made the hood but it was in the states. I remember paying close to $300 for shipping and $500 or $600 for the hood. I will post pics. It was not on the car at the time and has never been installed. There is paint chipping on the rear corners, but it's just primered anyways. The fiberglass is 100%.

The tokico springs and shocks new but have been mounted. I believe they are the HP series. Red 1.5" drop springs and blue shocks. The front right may have some soot or smoke damage, but the tire and plastic fender liner is unburned, so I believe the shock itself is just fine.

The offset steering bushings are to give more adjustment room in the tie rods and correct steering geometery when the overall vehicle height is lowered. If you flip them around you would have more room for headers on a stock height vehicle though - if it's lowered, you probably want longer rod ends and steering may suffer doing it this way.

The bushings are made by energy suspension.

Thanks for the replies, I'll take pics of the parts everyone mentioned tonight. Here's a pic of the headlights. $100 + actual shipping for the headlights and corner. When I said cheap, I meant it :tongue:

·
Registered
123 Posts
pm sent

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Never got a reply or pm dude.
Sry, dealing with insurance dicks. Everything still available except headlights and corners SPF.

Bushings are energy suspension AFAIK. Bought via ebay and they're unmarked. Black and are polyurethane look like every other polyurethane/graphite doped bushing I have ever bought....

PS - if anyone buys the bushing, they may end up with some 67 cougar/mustang bushing for free since I stupidly put them in the same box a year ago and they look similar so whoever buys them gets them all.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
Any possibility of seeing pics of the hood by Thursday? I am going to Brandon, MB with a truck on Thursday. If I can see the hood before then, and an idea of what you want for it; We might be able to come to an agreement and I can pick it up...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
What comes in the rear brake assembly?
Calipers, caliper hoses, discs (that need turning), pads (that you'll want to change), knuckles, poly knuckle bushings.

Basically everything you need to bolt disk brakes onto a car that came with rear drums. No parking breke cables though. You need to use your existing ones.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Any possibility of seeing pics of the hood by Thursday? I am going to Brandon, MB with a truck on Thursday. If I can see the hood before then, and an idea of what you want for it; We might be able to come to an agreement and I can pick it up...
I'll get pics up tonight.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You're not going snow goose hunting are you? Anyway, if you want the hood, I'll take $200 since you're coming to pick it up. It's huge. I'll manhandle it tonight and try to get a couple of pics.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Engine

what are you looking for on the engine?
$2500. $2750 with the ignition. $3000 and I'll throw in a holley fuel pump, regulator, see-through filter, chrome air cleaner and a pair of 3" flowmaster mufflers. You'll want to put new rocker covers on it. It has a flexplate on it right now. I'll pull it if you want it, but I'm not sure how to ship an engine.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
how much for the msd distributor?
It's actually a pro comp distributor that is a clone of an MSD. $150 including the bottom gear that cost me $150 to get machined. This is the billet strip distributor with no advance.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts