TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 tbird 4.6l that I've done a PI swap on so the questions I have are aimed to the 96/97 guys. I am new to the 4.6 so I don't know what some of the connections are that come off the TB/Plenum.

What connects to the long skinny pipe on the plenum that faces the back of the car?

The water line that ran under the intake had a sensor in it, but the pi line does not. What's the best way of connecting the sensor? Chop off the old line with sensor and connect with hoses?

Where does the above hose connect to after that?

What is the black plastic, I've seen circular and rectangular, piece that connects between the IAC and the intake tube?

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I used brass tee, 2 hose fittings and put the sensor on the third leg of the tee. I used a chunk of hose to go from the PI coolant tube that is now on the drivers side to the Tee on the passenger side and the regular existing coolant hose to that.

I am pretty sure the box on the IAC air intake tube is to cut down on noise.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
have a shop weld or braze the to tubes together or use a t-fitting and attach it that way, either way works , also the black box is an Idle Air Control Valve silencer, kinda like a muffler... in a way.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I am going to guess you are talking about the one that feeds the charcoal canister, it goes to the inner passenger fender to the EVAP canister, solenoid, and switch, I think otherwise known as the thermistor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts