TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have plans to install an oil cooler on my 95 thunderbird 4.6 but not completely sure on all I need or how to run it, I have looked everywhere and cant really find all that I will need to do this, I was also going to install a remote oil filter just because it will be easier to get to the oil filter when its time to change the oil, if anyone can tell me all I need to get this done and a picture or diagram on where I will need to run the lines I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
536 Posts
If you are talking about an engine oil cooler, probably the easiest is the a 96 - 2002 Cobra cooler. This mounts to the block in place of your oil filter adapter and the radiator outlet connects to this. Space is tight. I use this cooler and had to trim the left side sway bar bushing a bit. I also use a slioghtly shorter Puralator oil filter. There are no external oil lines to rupture or leak and the cooler is confined to the filter area. This cooler works better than an oil-to--air cooler because oil temp is more stable. So you would need the cooler, oil filter adapter mounting gasket and depending on what you have, you might need the oil cooler O-ring kit which contains three O-rings although, often times you can reuse the old ones. The two coolers I use I bought off ebay.

Mitch

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
for 50 bucks you can get an oil cooler for your car off summit and it will come with everything you will need. but i've been told that its not really necessary...so instead in invested in a tranny cooler

1 - 3 of 3 Posts