TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a pretty complete list of parts you will need to swap a PI intake on a 94/5 4.6. This goes in conjunction with the other thread(s) on the how to... This list is pretty complete minus the part numbers and prices. I only have the recipts, and the descriptions on the parts are not very good, and I bought a lot of the stuff used (as should you). Total cost on these parts shouldn't be over $400. Any competent parts dealer will be able to find you these things giving them the decription. If they can't, go somewhere else. A side note: The vac lines, fuel rails, EGR to plenum bolts have all been dicontinued by Ford, so you will not be able to get these new. So here you go. Any q's just shoot. If you want the whole tech write up and parts list in Word format, post here, pm me or email @ [email protected]

Enjoy

Joe

Parts List:

PI Intake w/aluminum crossover
NPI Gaskets
96/7 EGR and Tube with vacuum regulator
96/7 Upper plenum and throttle body
02/3 GT Intake tube with 80 MM MAF and Air box
PI alternator bracket
PI water bypass tube in valley
PI water pump nipple
96/7 Vacuum lines
PCV tube
96/7 IAC valve with IAC inlet valve and corresponding hoses
96/7 Fuel Rail
96/7 Fuel lines from rail to filter
Fuel Filter
96/7 Pigtail for IAC Valve
96/7 Throttle cable
96/7 Throttle/cruise control cable bracket, spring, and corresponding hardware
Throttle body to upper plenum gasket
96/7 IAC gasket
96/7 EGR Gasket
96/7 Thermostat housing
PI Thermostat housing bolts
180* T stat
T stat gasket
Water Pump gasket
96/7 IAC to upper plenum bolts (2)
T body to upper plenum bolts (~16, you may not need all of them, as they are for upper plenum to intake as well, and fuel rail)
GT MAF wiring pigtail with 6 wires
RTV
You will also need some lengths of hose (not more than 4 ft each) for various connections

You should be able to find most of these parts used, but as for bolts and gaskets, etc. you may need to buy new.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
whitecoug said:
This list is pretty complete minus the part numbers and prices. I only have the recipts, and the descriptions on the parts are not very good,
Oh well, beggars can't be choosy I suppose. Thanks for what you did research and taking the time to post it here.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did add in the 80 mm GT MAF and wiring harness, although you DO NOT need these items to complete the swap, I used them along with a lot of other things (hence not being able to figure out the recipts).

Joe

G

·
Here is what I'm sure is a dumb question: For all us '96 & '97 owners, can we ignore the 96/97 parts on the above list as we already have them, or are those parts Mustang-specific items that have to be carried over to our Birds to complete the swap?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ice_nyne said:
Here is what I'm sure is a dumb question: For all us '96 & '97 owners, can we ignore the 96/97 parts on the above list as we already have them, or are those parts Mustang-specific items that have to be carried over to our Birds to complete the swap?
I think the only Stang specific part(s) is going to be the Intake manifold and possibly the 2 bolts that hold the t stat housing to the manifold. Although the 96/7 bolts may work, I am not 100% sure.

Joe

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
I have been reading your list and looking at my parts pics in
this thread
We have had some confusion over if the gaskets I have pictured are NPI or PI, any definitive awnser?

I have a few questions for ya...

PCV tube - Is this different from my 95's?
96/7 Pigtail for IAC Valve - What is this?

Do you have part number for the following?

96/7 IAC gasket
96/7 EGR Gasket
96/7 Thermostat housing
T body to upper plenum bolts (~16, you may not need all of them, as they are for upper plenum to intake as well, and fuel rail)

You will also need some lengths of hose (not more than 4 ft each) for various connections - What size?

Thanks For All Of Your Help WhiteCoug![/B

Dave

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DMcBrideBoston said:
I have been reading your list and looking at my parts pics in
this thread
We have had some confusion over if the gaskets I have pictured are NPI or PI, any definitive awnser?

I have a few questions for ya...

PCV tube - Is this different from my 95's?
96/7 Pigtail for IAC Valve - What is this?

Do you have part number for the following?

96/7 IAC gasket
96/7 EGR Gasket
96/7 Thermostat housing

You will also need some lengths of hose (not more than 4 ft each) for various connections - What size?

Thanks For All Of Your Help WhiteCoug![/B

Dave

You will want to use the NPI intake gaskets and some RTV, unless you have the NPI heads portmatched to the PI intake, then you can use the PI gaskets and do some modifications to the coolant passages. There is a thread somewhere showing where to put the RTV on the NPI gaskets but I'm not sure where it may be.

The PCV tube is different, as it goes from the valve covers to different places on the intake tube and the upper plenum. They're pretty cheap pieces though.

The 96/7 IAC pigtail is the plug that plugs into the IAC valve on the new set up. It is different than the 94/5 plug. The 94/5 plug will not plug into the 96/7 IAC vlave without major modifications (i.e. bench grinding a LOT of plastic to make it fit).

I don't have the part numbers right off hand, but I will try to figure out those later today or tomorrow. If you were to wait until Dan get up and going again (if you were able to wait that long) you could tell him those descriptions and he will know what you are talking about.

I am not 100% sure on the hose size, I believe one was 3/8, but I am sure it says what size in the PI head swap article in the tech section. The pieces are for connecting the water bypass tube to the rear of the head and the other is for the brake booster vac line to the upper plenum.

Joe

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I found this little list at some Mustang forum...

*PI intake manifold: not sure...bought mine used
*NPI intake manifold gasket: XW7Z-9439-AA
*Thermostat housing o-ring: F1VY-8507-A
*Heater/coolant tube: XR3Z-18B402-AA
*Water pump nipple: F75Z-8555-AA
*Water pump o-ring: F1VY-8255-A
*Alternator bracket: 1R3Z-10153-AA
*Thermostat housing bolts: N811011-S309

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.