TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ordered new front and rear frame side strut rod bushings from silverstate ford parts. but i am having a hard time find the ferrules on their site or on any site for that matter?

anyone have any idea where to find them? worried i might destroy the ferrules on the car when im changing them as it seems im gonna have to whomp their asses hard to get them apart?

any idears

thanks all
j

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
ordered new front and rear frame side strut rod bushings from silverstate ford parts. but i am having a hard time find the ferrules on their site or on any site for that matter?

anyone have any idea where to find them? worried i might destroy the ferrules on the car when im changing them as it seems im gonna have to whomp their asses hard to get them apart?

any idears

thanks all
j
Torch em out LOL!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm torch em out eh i like that idear.

so after i pull the strut rod itself out the ferrules on the frame side are a 2 piece right? any special instructions for getting em apart. ive been hitting them with pb for a week

they should pull apart like this right?

<------ ------> are we talking slide hammer? or just big hammer rofl

thanks all dont wanna end up destroying the ferrules and then my only ride is dead:(

j

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
yes they are 2 pieces and they may be seized together To get the rod out of the way you have to take the front nut off, they your have the bushings locked in with the ferrules holding it all together. Roast them out of you can this should cook off anything locking the ferrules together. If you can get 2 big ass vice grips on either side to grab both ferrules try and twist them before pulling. Youll break them free without ruining the ends which are barbed out. Typically if you keep pulling on them you'll just end up rolling out the horned out ends. I have my old set still in a box that I did this to. Maybe one day Ill need them and will need to stamp them back into shape.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts