TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a `94 Cougar XR7 V8 with 161k miles on it that I've put a custom intake system on, new tires, and some other mild mods.
I just found a `97 Tbird V8 LX with 65k miles that I'd like to buy to replace the Cougar.
What parts interchange?

·
Registered
917 Posts
just about everything interchanges. they're both MN12's. same car with the exception of obviously the back windows, the front clip except on 96/97 models, and the tail lights. other than that everything on the car is interchangeable. although 1 thing i'm not 100% sure about is for the intake on the 94. i don't know if the TB is the same as in the 97. but even then i don't think it'll b that difficult.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Basically, everything but the engine/transmission. And they would swap, but you wouldn't want to.

·
Registered
917 Posts
ok, so i was partially right. lol. refresh my memory someone please. the difference on the older 4.6L is the violin case on the intake and the TB right?

·
Registered
917 Posts
thanks matt. i don't see too many older birds at the pick n pull here so the violin case isn't a common sight for me. my 93 jeep had something similar. a round tube half way up, then a wide flat tube the rest of the way. not the best design in my opinion

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies!

I had to pass on the T-Bird, but it is at Scottsdale Ford in Scottsdale, AZ if anyone is interested.

I haven't seen it in person, but it looks pretty clean from all of the pics and w/ only 65k on it, it has to be pretty cherry. Asking price was $3991, a bit high, but it's a dealer. I was going to offer $3500 cash out the door if it was as nice as it appeared to be.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Wow, Scottsdale Ford. If I remember right thats the dealership that sold my LE when it was brand new.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts