TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be getting a Supercoupe and I am very excited. But I don't know were any engine parts are. Well here let me tell you what I am looking for and maybe you can tell me where to get it.
Pistons
Heads
Rods
Cam
Blower stuff any thing about it
Injectors
L-MAF
And reworking the computer

Drive line I wouldn't mind the T56 6 speed but dont have the money for it and dont know if it will work. So What can I do to the current trans auto or man. to beef it up

Alum. driveshaft

And stuff do make the rear end stronger. What does the SC have a 8.8 with IRS right?

Full Length Headers

Flow master exhaust Don't care about smog. Lets just leave it at that.

Air bag suspencion or something like it. I like how airbags make the car ride.

And really this is all I can think about. Thanks.

PS. Sorry about the spelling. But I am really really tired.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
L-MAF talk to Dan at Five Star Ford ( www.fivestarford.com )

Driveshaft talk to Dennis Reinhart ( [email protected] )

About the air bags you need to talk to a guy known on the boards as bagged89 and if you can find him NSane.

Other specific motor parts contact Bill Evanhoff at www.supercoupeperformance.com they also sell some Magnum Motorsport parts (pricey but only choice on some things.)

Hope this helps.

-Josh

·
Registered
47 Posts
Heads/Intake

Hey Man, I've got fully ported heads and intake, and the heads have a brand new 3 angle valve job, freeze plugs, and valve seals... and flow probubly just as good as Coy's lemme know if your interested

Jim :)

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
About the motor...

talk to Dr. Fred Holtzer, owner of BlueZBurn. I think he built a equivilent to Coy's Stage one motor for $2000.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey everybody...thanks for all of the advice...I still have to wait for money and well the car..lol...have to sell mine first...But I will write all this stuff down...And for the heads and stuff I will write you as soon as I sell my car. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
im pretty sure the T56 isnt possible on the 3.8, its a modular tranmission. probably could be done with alot of custom work but im pretty sure its not even close to a simple bolt on

·
Registered
47 Posts
headers

Acctually, there are 3.8 and 3.8 SC Sull Length Long Tube headers for sale threw Kooks, at least they think therte long tubes :), and with slight modifications BBK 1 5/8's headers will fit a 5.0 from 91-93 but me and Mark McCormick are still looking into that...

As for the T-56 it isn't really a Mondular Tranny it's been installed on the Camaro, Viper and Mustang... Basically if you can buy a bellhouseing for it you can use it, yes there is a 5.0 bellhouseing there fore a 3.8 bellhouseing, but it all falls down to the shifter location.

Jim

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
the mustang trannies have the shifter placed forward more, which would make you hit the dash. the Fbody 6speeds have the shifter farther back just about where we need them and you would only need the 5.0 bellhouseing and transmission input shaft to make it work. OR just modify the mustang trannies shift lever.

·
New Title Pending
56 Posts
info

Bob Stiegemeier has the best flowing Super Coupe heads out there... Period. Anyone else tries to say theirs flows better, get a flow sheet for proof. they can be had for $2150. Here's a link to the information

http://members.telocity.com/~bjherron/scheads/index.htm

For your other information

Pistons
Rods
> A guy named Dr. Fred sells short blocks at www.sccoa.com. You can also custom build the motor yourself. Do you need rod lengths and piston heights?

Blower stuff any thing about it
> Magnum Powers or ESM

Injectors
> You can get those anywhere. Size depends on what HP you are making

L-MAF
>Dan N at Fivestar Ford

And reworking the computer
>Go to www.mtcforum.com to ask about tuning. You can likley find out when the next dyno tune session is in your area.

Drive line I wouldn't mind the T56 6 speed but dont have the money for it and dont know if it will work. So What can I do to the current trans auto or man. to beef it up
> T56 is not a bolt in swap. You have to modify the linkage. The best transmission for a SC is the 4R70W automatic which comes in 94-95SC autos.

Alum. driveshaft
> you need a MMC driveshaft from Dennis Reinhart

And stuff do make the rear end stronger. What does the SC have a 8.8 with IRS right?
>You don't need to beef it up. People have run 11's on it, you won't go any faster than that unless you have a huge buget.

Full Length Headers
>I forget the company, they are out there. Expect to pay over $1000 for them

Air bag suspencion or something like it. I like how airbags make the car ride.
You can instal Mark VIII air ride suspension. IMO that is not ideal for a car with the mods you want.

Brian

1 - 11 of 11 Posts