TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everybody,

i recently bought a 1994 t-bird lx, with the 3.8l i have a little problem, when i am on nicely paved surfaces between 15-25 i hear a noise that sounds like a rubbing from the tire, but i see no evidence of the tire rubbing at all. I changed thr pads and rotors, so im sure its not a warped rotor. When i pulled into a driveway making a right hand turn today, i heard a kind of pinging coming from that side. sounded like a spring poping. If u have any ideas on what this could be please let me know, my ball joints are tight, and my tie rods are tight too. I was thinking about going air ride, but dont have the dough right now to do it. So i need to get this fixed, i think it may possibly need an alignment but its funny, last night i was going to work about 75-80mph, let go of the wheel to see if the pull got worse and it stayed straight, but today going 45 it pulled to the right really bad. I dont know what to do, i dont want to think t-birds are bad but if anyone has had this happen, please let me know what stops this, either here or my email. [email protected]

thanks

·
Registered
275 Posts
That be the the strut rod bushing , change that , might as well change out the other bushing on the car too . just buy a front end bushing kit and do it all , best way to go . Not cheap , but once its done you will be good for the years to come . DW

·
Registered
526 Posts
The pulling to one side or another on the road could be caused by the "crown" of the road. This is the un-levelness intentionally put in the road to aid in drainage of rainwater. A perfectly aligned car will pull in the direction of the low side of the crown.

If you have some uneven wear on your tires, this would probably be the best indication you are in need of a front end alignment.

Upper control arms can sometimes make a squeak or ping type of sound as the bushings twist from up and down movement. You can try to see if these are the problem by spraying them with WD40 and see if it stops. The WD40 won't last long, but it may pinpoint your noise.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Make sure an check the upper control arms either way. I've read some posts where they were seperating. Fords "lifetime" boot always fails. If you do get some, I'd go with the MOOG greasables. They're easy to replace and you'll love them. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts