TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are these heads worth getting, they are a lil expensive but very high quality http://www.patriot-performance.com/ check out the ford 4.6-5.4 heads, it supposed to be about a 140 horse bolt on with good cams and headers and a few little mods and pi intake, i want the stage 2 with some good cams in each one

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I have heard some iffy things about them. There are ways of skewing the flow numbers, like not using a bore.

Also, flow numbers aren't everything. From those pics it looks like they remove the swirl dam. Even with the same flow numbers, a head with the swirl dam will make more power (better air/fuel mixing and slightly higher compression). Removing the swirl dam is a shortcut to better flow at the cost of efficiency.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I've been advised that on a blown application, with high boost, removing the swirl dam actually improves power. They may have been wrong though. On a N/A application, I'd leave it in though.

Dan

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Well there is debate over whether to remove it on a SC motors or not, but almost everyone agrees it should be left on for NA motors.

·
Real Ultimate Goatse Hunter
850 Posts
GreenBird said:
I have heard some iffy things about them. There are ways of skewing the flow numbers, like not using a bore.

Also, flow numbers aren't everything. From those pics it looks like they remove the swirl dam. Even with the same flow numbers, a head with the swirl dam will make more power (better air/fuel mixing and slightly higher compression). Removing the swirl dam is a shortcut to better flow at the cost of efficiency.
You know that the SVO heads don't have a swirl dam right? That would be the least of my worries, J can take care of any problems that might come from that (and I went over a year without a tune after the swap).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts